YouTube Suspended My Channel

Home Forums General Questions YouTube Suspended My Channel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Janet
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    A couple of months ago, I got a form email from YouTube saying they were suspending my channel because I violated their “community guidelines”, whatever that means (I can dig up the email if necessary). I filled out their appeal form but a few days later I got another email saying that my channel will remain suspended.
    My channel consisted of nothing but my original tracks with RF images or videos to go along with the music. There was no way I could find to ask Google what exactly I had done to deserve this treatment. And I was also told that I was prohibited from setting up another YouTube channel!
    Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

#34506 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that Janet. Have not had that happen to me. Is it possible some of the images, or videos, crossed a line?
    Have you tried https://support.google.com/youtube/#topic=9257498. YouTube is not very transparent about how to resolve these issues.

#34507 Reply
    Janet
    Participant

Hi Art,
    Here’s the email that Google sent me…

We’d like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines) your YouTube account Janet B has been suspended.
    After review we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which prohibit spam, scams or commercially deceptive content (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en).
    Please be aware that you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts. For more information about account terminations and how our Community Guidelines are enforced, please visit our Help Center.

I honestly don’t know what to make of this. There was nothing in my videos that could ever be interpreted as “commercially deceptive”. I never asked viewers to do anything except visit my website.

#34509 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Maybe a false positive. Facebook had a lot of problem with these recently. Have you tried their support page?

Of course, with these companies there is no one to talk to!

#34510 Reply
    Janet
    Participant

As I mentioned, I filled out the appeal form, which they rejected. And they also told me not to fill out another one! Talk about arrogance! Anyway, I’ve written YouTube off and now only post videos to my FB page and my website. I was just wondering if anyone in this community had ever had this problem.

#34518 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Wow. Wish I could help, but all I can do is sympathize. My channel is exactly like yours, original production music set to public domain images or video, but no troubles.

#34519 Reply
    Janet
    Participant

Thank you, Michael! It’s the unfairness and the indirect communication that frustrates me the most. But, no matter – I have my FB page and my website, so YouTube can go jump in a lake! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: YouTube Suspended My Channel
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us