YouTube Warning Users On Copyright Violations

Home Forums Share It! YouTube Warning Users On Copyright Violations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Just read over at The Rem that you can now visit the YouTube Audio Library before uploading a video and check if your music track is violating any copyright laws. If it is it will show you in which countries your video might be banned. It will also let you know if the owner of the original audio might ask you to your video. You can still upload the video with the same audio track but you might find your video missing from the internet.

Not sure it will do much for composers where music libraries are entering their music in YouTube’s Content ID program without authorization.

#18975 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#18989 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Would this be a quick way for composers to police their own catalogs?

#18994 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Would this be a quick way for composers to police their own catalogs?

No. It appears to only show tracks that are being tracked via youtube contentID. For instance popular music that people pull off of CDs, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/ad_supported_music

The best way to monitor your own music is to upload it to your own youtube channel and see if anybody is claiming it.
    The process is a bit of a POA in the beginning but once you get used to it and get a process going it is really easy and incredibly helpful in tracking who might be stealing your music.
    I am really used to the process at this point.

1. Remember to never give out a URL to a video in your test account to anyone, especially AdRev, as they will whitelist your account and then it will become completely useless for testing.

2. I advise creating a separate youtube account just for testing.

3. You only need around 40 or 50 seconds of music to trigger a match. I always do 60 seconds. Just drop your music into 60 seconds of home video you own and upload it.

4. You can keep all the videos private, nobody needs to see or hear them for you to test your music.

5. You do not need to monetize your videos or anything like that. You do not need to be youtube partner. Uploading your music to youtube doesn’t automatically enter you into youtube contentID.
    These are all just myths that have been started somehow.

6. Many video editors have an option to directly upload to your youtube account. I use iMovie on my Mac.

Just upload your videos with your music privately to your youtube test channel and you will immediately see if someone has stolen your music and is claiming to own the copyright on youtube.

Youtube ContentID is pretty cool in that respect.

#19103 Reply
    Tim-b
    Participant

Here’s a quick way to batch convert several wav files + an image to video. (at least on windows, it’s probably also possible on Os X)

– First download the “static version” of FFMPEG here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

– Unpack it somewhere and run ff-prompt.bat so it will be installed into the directory where you unpacked it.

– Now create a simple .jpg image I just added a solid color and made the size 1280px by 720px and save it as “image.jpg”.

– Put the image and all the .wav-files you want to convert in one folder.

– Open notepad or another text editor and paste this in there:

@echo off
    for %%F in (*.wav) do (
    ffmpeg -loop 1 -i “image.jpg” -i “%%~nF.wav” -c:v libx264 -tune stillimage -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 192k -pix_fmt yuv420p -shortest -t 90 “%%~nF.mp4”
    )

Pause

– Save this file into the same directory where you put the audio and image. You can save it as any name you want but make sure you replace the .txt extension with .bat

– When you now start this .bat file it will go through every .wav file in that directory and merges it with the image into a video. I set it so that it creates a video of a maximum of 90 seconds but you can use any value by changing the “-t 90” in the batch-file.

I’ve converted about 300 .wavs today and am now uploading them to Youtube!

#19104 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

That’s awesome Tim. Thanks!!

#19105 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Tim, great tip, thanks so much for sharing!

#19110 Reply
    Danny
    Participant

Being a Mac user, I’m using Mark Lewis’s method in iMovie, and it’s actually very fast and easy.

One question: What is the purpose of creating a test account?

#19118 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

I have a separate test account on youtube where I just keep tracks that I am keeping an eye on.
    I have a couple of other accounts that I actually post videos for people to see.
    I like to keep them separate,
    1. because my main accounts keep getting whitelisted by AdRev and are useless for testing. I never give out URLs to anyone for my test account. It is very easy to find and whitelist my main accounts.
    2. because the test account only has private tracks/videos that I am keeping an eye on and it is very easy to just scroll through and see if any claims have been made or removed. It would be a little more confusing to sort through them if my real videos were in the mix as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #18989 in YouTube Warning Users On Copyright Violations
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us