Zynaptiq Pitchmap

Home Forums Share It! Zynaptiq Pitchmap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Fairly astonishing stuff

#13557 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Similar to Melodyne, but the midi-feature is crazy.
    That should make it even easier for those inclined to steal tracks, to do so.

#13558 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Wow! I can instantly think of many uses for this. Yes, it will certainly aid in ripping off ideas. But it’s an excellent legitimate tool.

For example, when I do commissioned remixes there are often times where I have to slice and rearrange sections because a chord progression doesn’t work. Then I’m left with messy cut points that even with careful joining, still require concealment in the mix. This would negate the slicing.

wowsers! Denis, I hate you for making me aware of this amazing tool that I never knew existed but suddenly and desperately need!!! 😡

#13559 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

That should make it even easier for those inclined to steal tracks, to do so.

Thinking the same thing exactly, it is insanely good at the midi thing. I am using it to reinterpret some loops, mind officially blown.

It won’t do some things that Melodyne or Autotune do.

from website

“How PITCHMAP Is Different
    So how does PITCHMAP compare to other pitch processing products, like Celemony’s Melodyne Editor or Antares’ Auto Tune? In a nut-shell: it doesn’t. They have different applications and strengths, and complement each other nicely. In simplified words:

If you need to tune a solo vocal take or other monophonic instrument, use Auto Tune.
    If you need to fine-tune or manipulate a single but polyphonic instrument, or a section of instruments, and using off-line editing doesn’t break your workflow, use Melodyne.
    If you need to tune or change the pitches of a full mix or other complex polyphonic signal in real-time and under MIDI control, while retaining all the transient crispness of any percussive elements, or if you want to create far-out sounds, or if you want to try out different harmonies on your loops and recordings from within the creative, musical workflow….use PITCHMAP.
    Depending on your field of work, you may want to have all three of them. So grab a copy of PITCHMAP and complete your pitch processing toolkit!”

#13561 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Denis, I hate you for making me aware of this amazing tool that I never knew existed but suddenly and desperately need!!!

I know , sorry and this close to Xmas, even my wife was impressed with this one !!!!

Zynaptiq do these really hi end restoration tools, worth looking at the videos on the site, amazing tech. Came across this one at the weekend by accident and WTF instantly, if you have Melodyne, Autotune, Waves Tune or the Izotope one, head over to Audiodeluxe. You can get a side grade for $159.

#13562 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Studio One has Mel. Essential bundled. I’m going to email them and see if that counts. 🙂

#13563 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Studio One has Mel. Essential bundled. I’m going to email them and see if that counts.

I upgraded to the Polyphonic one, Editor? I think essential was on the list of supported side grades, email them. Great company and service .

****I dont work for them !!!!!****

#13565 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

It won’t do some things that Melodyne or Autotune do.

Yes, I saw that Denis. You guys did have to bring this up just as I’m cutting the foam off the walls and dismantling my studio. The cross-grade pricing from Melodyne is almost too hard to pass up. I think I can squeeze in one more download. 😀

You’re right the audio repair tools look impressive. I have RX3 Advanced. Similar?

#13566 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

RX 3 advanced is the gold standard bundle when it comes to audio repair. Remember Cedar , what happened to them ?
    The other Zynaptiq plugs look amazing too but just do the one thing very well.

The Pitchmap selling point to me is the midi input revoicing
    I have a bunch of old synth loops which I completely changed the chordal structure on with minimal artefacts , also doing it in real time with the track is brill. The downside of this tech is as you mentioned, let’s hope AK doesn’t see this as a new way of theft.

#13567 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

The downside of this tech is as you mentioned, let’s hope AK doesn’t see this as a new way of theft.

LOL! It looks like Pitchmap has actually been around for a while.
    Maybe the price is enough to deter thieves, if they can’t crossgrade.
    Wait, what am I saying? They probably wouldn’t mind using pirated software either. 😀

#13569 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks for the upgrade notice Denis, just grabbed a copy. Will this madness ever end! 🙂

#13827 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

Any feedback on this? I thought is would be interesting to be able to “remix” tracks into different keys and what not. Obviously it does much more than that.

#13828 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Any feedback on this?

I haven’t really dug into mine yet. Just haven’t had the time.

#13886 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

I bought Cinebrass, REV and HZ01. No budget for this, unfortunately. :-/

#13887 Reply
    mikevan
    Participant

i tried the demo but it sounds more like an experimental tool: when you try to edit a track in most cases it adds artifacts to the sound, it’s hard even to ‘retune’ a single instrument track without strange things happening to the sound. It may be more useful to remix and experiment and try new ideas than to actually change an existing track or arrangement and get a new one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Zynaptiq Pitchmap
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us