Question about your tracks on different royalty free websites

Home Forums General Questions Question about your tracks on different royalty free websites

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nadege Composer

Hi guys,

I have a question : if you are on different royalty free websites (removed by moderator) and your tracks are all non-exclusive, do you upload the exact same tracks on each websites? And when it comes to promotion, for example, when you do a youtube video or twitter (whatever) do you give the links of every websites or you just use one website as your main “shop” ?

Thanks

ChuckMott
    Participant

I upload the same. Most give you the option to take down the tracks if you want to make changes then repost. People have run into issues with putting tracks on YT due to YT using an ID that tags the track as theirs which creates problems when you share it with other libraries. But I am not normally selling to the mass market, so I don’t feel the need to promote tracks on YT.

GaryW
    Participant

I have 8 RF sites that I upload tracks to regularly. I use the same title description, and tags for each of them. I also have all of my tracks up on Soundcloud as well. It’s helped me get into a few libraries. The tracks on SC are for listening only, not for download. I also have a website, and on one of my pages I have links to the libraries.

MichaelL
    Participant

Gary, do you worry about price shopping? I’ve thought about posting links on my website, but libraries vary in price.

Thanks,
    Michael

GaryW
    Participant

MichaelL:
    I’m sure that happens, but most of my RF tracks are priced about the same on most of the sites. Only a couple have higher prices that are set by the libraries.

MichaelL
    Participant

Thanks Gary. Does that seem to affect the higher-priced libraries, or do you sell well there anyway? I think links are a good idea.

GaryW
    Participant

Michael:
    I’ve done well on both. I think some of the higher-end libraries have a loyal clientele that does not want to shop around and try to find a cheaper price. They have a larger budget, and are satisfied with what they get from the sites.IMHO

Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I think some of the higher-end libraries have a loyal clientele that does not want to shop around and try to find a cheaper price. They have a larger budget, and are satisfied with what they get from the sites.

Truth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us