Kristian Sensini Composer Interview

Home Forums Composer Interviews Kristian Sensini Composer Interview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

1.) Your name?

1. My name is Kristian Sensini. I’m a composer, orchestrator, and conductor based in Italy. I have been working in the music industry for over 20 years and have composed music for various media including films, TV shows, documentaries, video games, and theater productions. I’m passionate about music and love the creative process of writing and producing music that enhances and elevates visual storytelling.

2.) Credits?

1. I have a diverse range of credits to my name, including numerous feature films, TV shows, and documentaries. Some of my notable credits include the feature films “Rocks in My Pockets,” “Hyde’s Secret Nightmare,” and “All Against All” and most recently “My Love Affair With Marriage”

3.) How long have you been writing music?

1. I have been writing music for over 20 years. I started composing music when I was a teenager and continued to study music composition at Rossini conservatory in Italy. Over the years, I have honed my skills and developed my own unique style of music composition.

4.) How did you get started?

1. I got started in the music industry by writing music for Mediaset Music Library (the most important private network in Italy). From there, I began working on various projects and building up my portfolio. I was fortunate enough to meet some great people along the way who helped me get my foot in the door and gave me opportunities to work on larger projects.

5.) How long have you been writing library/production music?

1. I have been writing library/production music for around 20 years. I enjoy the creative freedom that comes with writing library music, as well as the opportunity to reach a wider audience and work on a variety of projects.

6.) Are you making a living wage writing library/production music?

1. Yes, I am making a living wage writing library/production music. While it can be challenging at times, I have been able to make a successful career out of writing music and am grateful for the opportunities that have come my way.

7.) Annual earnings writing library/production music (low/mid/high 5, 6, 7 figures)?

1. While I prefer not to disclose my annual earnings, I can say that I have been able to make a comfortable living writing library/production music. My earnings are in the mid to high 5 figures.

8.) Are you self-taught or have you studied formally?

1. I studied music composition formally at a conservatory in Italy. However, I have also learned a lot through self-study and experimentation, expecially concerning Music & Technology. I believe that a combination of formal education and practical experience is essential for anyone looking to succeed in the music industry.

9.) Do you work through music libraries?

1. Yes, I work with music libraries, I work with both exclusive and non-exclusive libraries. While exclusive libraries offer more opportunities for higher earnings, non-exclusive libraries offer more flexibility and the ability to work on a wider range of projects.

10.) Do you contact music supervisors, music editors or TV production companies directly?

1. Yes, I do. When approaching potential clients, I introduce myself and my work, and offer to send them samples or a demo reel. I try to be professional and courteous in all of my interactions, and always follow up in a timely manner. I approach them with a clear and concise message that highlights my strengths and experience. I try to personalize my message as much as possible, and make sure to address any specific needs or concerns they may have.

11.) How do you deal with rejection?

1. Rejection is always tough, but it’s a part of the industry. When dealing with rejection, I try to learn from it and use it as a motivator to improve my skills and work harder to achieve my goals. I recently had a full rejected score, I transformed the unused materiala s a solo album (“A Blurred Glass”).

12.) How do you feel about re-titling?

1. I’m generally not a fan of re-titling, but I understand why it’s sometimes necessary.

13.) What do you have the most success with, royalty free sites or back end PRO royalties?

1. I have had success with both royalty-free sites and back-end PRO royalties. However, I tend to prefer the latter, as it allows me to earn a more consistent income over time.

14.) Any tips about writing descriptions, keywords and/or metadata?

1. When it comes to writing descriptions, keywords, and metadata, I try to be as detailed and accurate as possible. I use relevant keywords and tags to help potential buyers find my music more easily, and I always make sure to include all relevant information in the metadata.

15.) Any trends you would like to comment on (YouTube Content ID, Streaming, Internet Royalties)?

1. The rise of streaming and internet royalties has been a game changer for the music industry. While it has created new opportunities for composers and musicians, it has also made the industry more competitive. It’s important to be adaptable and stay up-to-date on trends and changes in the industry in order to succeed.

16.) What sort of advice would you give to someone just entering the library/production music world?

1. My advice to someone just entering the library/production music world would be to stay focused, be persistent, and always be willing to learn and evolve. It’s important to be open to feedback and to constantly work on improving your skills and expanding your knowledge. Also…prepare to wait months (or years…) before you expect to receive money.

17.) If you were not writing music what would you be doing?

1. If I were not writing music, I would probably be working full time as a Music teacher.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Composer Interviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us