Any alternatives to Tunesat?

Home Forums General Questions Any alternatives to Tunesat?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paolo
    Participant

A couple of years ago, I looked into Tunesat and got as far as speaking with someone at their company and their attorney (regarding their contract).

For me, it seemed excessive for them to take a 50% cut as well as charging a monthly fee – but I was told that was their policy.

I also had concerns about a contract clause: if they felt the client was not informing them of money recouped from their detections, they had the right to audit/look at my personal financial info: my books, royalty statements, income statements, etc. I explained that I wouldn’t want my inability to collect money to be the reason they audit me. Although their lawyer said they wouldn’t do it, they declined my request to pull it from the contract.

But they were always pleasant and accessible in answering all my questions.

I was wondering if anyone is using another service for music detection, other than tunesat, that has different terms and conditions?

(edited: …for them to take..)

#17954 Reply
    Paul Gelsomine

Doesn’t make much sense to me detections with Tunesat or any other if PRO’s refuse to pay out on those detections.

Would like to hear more about the subject, but can’t see why in this day and age all detections are not payed for through the PRO’s.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

#17963 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Doesn’t make much sense to me detections with Tunesat or any other if PRO’s refuse to pay out on those detections.

I’m thinking a music detection service would be most helpful with recovering unpaid money from sync licensing – so I’m looking into detection services with that in mind. But other than Tunesat, I haven’t found any others (yet) that work with an individual composer.

I’m wondering if anyone has negotiated a better money split with Tunesat or if Tunesat has lowered their 50% cut?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Any alternatives to Tunesat?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us