April ASCAP Domestic Writers Payment

Home Forums PROs April ASCAP Domestic Writers Payment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Diverse12
    Participant

Hello all,

Did any writers with ASCAP notice a SIGNIFICANT drop on Aprils writer pay out? The pay has dropped dramatically over the last 3 years, however this was the lowest I’ve had in 8 years. The play count seemed wrong on shows that air several times a quarter. Also, the line by line pay was extremely lower than normal. Just curious if anyone else has seen this?

#43041 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

This wasn’t the case for me. I’ve been doing this for 5 years and April was my 2nd best domestic payment to date. I am still “on the rise” though, as I’m definitely not a veteran yet. International is always significantly better for me too (for what that’s worth).

#43042 Reply
    Diverse12
    Participant

RM90, glad to hear that was one of your best. Good, so not everyones payment is going down. Thanks for sharing. International royalties have been going up since COVID ironically.

#43092 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I see ASCAP has started sorting cue sheets by newest first instead of alphabetical. Finally, an easy way to see recent uses.

#43093 Reply
    Diverse12
    Participant

Yes, I did see that. Very convenient way to see new cue sheets. It looks like a lot of cue sheets came in late. Hopefully that will be reflected in this upcoming payout.

#43318 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I think comparing our quarterlies in terms of increases/decreases with other composers doesn’t work because there are too many varaiables. If I have some network TV placements 6-9 months before the payout, it will go up significantly. There can be a flurry of activity on reality TV show reruns that use one person’s tracks, but not someone else’s. Our trends would probably only parallel each others if/when there is a widespread industry issue over many months. The current writers & actors strikes could be such an issue whereby everyone sees a drop a few quarters from when it started. But for the most part, trends will vary quite a bit from person to person.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: April ASCAP Domestic Writers Payment
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us