ASCAP Royalties Statement 2014

Home Forums General Questions ASCAP Royalties Statement 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

….bump

#15709 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I just saw a deposit for my writer’s share for Q3 2013. My royalties did drop from January’s total. A nice drop too! 🙁

But overall, not bad. I was expecting less since I haven’t seen many new cue sheets being posted. But I guess a lot of my old stuff must be showing over and over.

Time to get busy making new music. I have been busy with a million other things since the holidays.

#15722 Reply
    bigg romw

it happens

#15724 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I have been busy with a million other things since the holidays.

So many forums, so little time…. 😛

#15729 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Based on my bank deposit, I had a really good quarter! I’m very pleased.

The strategy I put in place 18 months ago is paying off big time. 🙂 I researched all the ASCAP registrations for DI. Then I submitted as many tracks as I could to the libraries he has songs in. I figured if they accepted his, they’d have to accept mine and sure enough they did. Fantastic! Ever since, the placements started rolling in!

Riding DI’s coattails!
    😛 😛 😛

#15734 Reply
    Jay

my posts don’t show up anymore?
    maybe this one will?

#15743 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Jay, sometimes posts go into an “awaiting moderation” queue.

#15744 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

The strategy I put in place 18 months ago is paying off big time. I researched all the ASCAP registrations for DI. Then I submitted as many tracks as I could to the libraries he has songs in. I figured if they accepted his, they’d have to accept mine and sure enough they did. Fantastic! Ever since, the placements started rolling in!

Riding DI’s coattails!

Good strategy. But there are people a lot more successful than I am. Check out some of the other guys on here that are making $10,000 or more a quarter from royalties. I know many guys here don’t like to brag, but I know that more than a few people that post here are doing well.

Congrats on your success!

#15758 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

my posts don’t show up anymore?
    maybe this one will?

Sorry Jay, try again. It somehow got deleted.

#15759 Reply
    John

Re DI

I thought Advice was being facetious.

#15760 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Re DI

I thought Advice was being facetious.

I think he was too. But I don’t feel like getting into any bickering or debates. It solves nothing.

The truth is that I am very proud of my work and also humbled by my success. If someone would have told me five years ago that I would have music on almost 100 different TV series and would be earning thousands of dollars in royalties, I would have not believed it.

My tone may put people off at times, but I am living my dream. Anyway, that is enough about me. I want to hear about other ASCAP composers success stories this quarter. Does anybody else want to share some good news?

#15764 Reply
    John

Good for you DI.

I don’t know anything about you other than you are an intelligent well educated man.

And continued success to you.

#15766 Reply
    bigg romw

I got a little under $16,000 this quarter, second best so far

#15767 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

The truth is that I am very proud of my work and also humbled by my success. If someone would have told me five years ago that I would have music on almost 100 different TV series and would be earning thousands of dollars in royalties, I would have not believed it.

Good for you, DI. I feel the same way, honestly. Thanks for being a good sport on the humor. 😀

#15768 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Encouraging words, DI, thanks. Putting that 5 year plan to work ;).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: ASCAP Royalties Statement 2014
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us