Best approach to marketing pop vocal songs

Home Forums General Questions Best approach to marketing pop vocal songs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

I’ve been doing instrumental music and sending to the usual channels. Ive recently started working with a young female singer with a pop sounding voice and have recontacted a lyricist that is good with modern lyrics. We’ve got some tracks that I think would be great for a few contemporary established singers and I’d like some advice on getting them in front of a legit songplugger .

In the past Ive sent my instrumentals to libraries listed here and have had little luck. I feel a bit of immediacy to these new tracks and dont want them to get lost in the back files of a library who may not connect with them.

Any ideas?

#40509 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Songpluggers, do they still exist? Back in the day I worked with a songplugger in L.A. and Nashville. My impression was that they were more interested in the income they could generate from their songwriter clients. Not to say it’s a bad idea but I would be careful and go into it with your eyes wide open.

#40725 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Getting an artist cut, even with great songs, is extremely difficult, with very low odds of success. Remember, the artists have a stable of established writers and it’s a pretty closed part of the business. I don’t want to burst your bubble if this is your life dream but that’s reality. My personal opinion, FWIW, is you’d be better off pitching these songs for Film/TV, through music libraries that place vocal songs. To that end, keep the lyrics fairly universal- no specific names, dates, places, etc., focusing on common emotions and themes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Best approach to marketing pop vocal songs
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us