Content ID Question

Home Forums General Questions Content ID Question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hi All!
    I’m thinking of entering my entire RF catalog into the content id program. I have a very basic question I hope someone can answer.

If someone buys a track that’s in CID…and I white-list it for use in a monetized video, do I earn any monies on that video or does only the client earn money from the video monetization?

Thank you!

#40125 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Monetized video revenue goes to the content creator from what I know.

Check here https://www.youtube.com/creators/how-things-work/video-monetization/

“To qualify for YPP you need to be in good standing with YouTube, have 4,000 valid public watch hours in the previous 12 months, and at least 1,000 subscribers.”

Are you using a service like AdRev or Identifyy? I’m getting royalties from Identiffy for YouTube videos. They have detected a few thousand videos so far and very few meet the bar to monetize their content.

YMMV. 🙂

#40126 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Art! Will check it out. I’m planning to go with Identifyy.

#40128 Reply
    michal
    Participant

Art, please, how does it work in case you have tracks both on RF sites and in non-ex libraries? Can I still use Identifyy for those tracks?

With non-ex, I am the copyright owner, so I would assume yes.

#40129 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@michal. Yes.

#40157 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hi Art

Is it easy to whitelist legitimate videos on Identifyy?

Thank you!

#40158 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I don’t see an option but if you check the below link there is a lot of info there.

https://www.identifyy.com/faq

#40163 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Art!

#40432 Reply
    echoflex
    Participant

EDIT : I see that my question below is already being discussed in this thread –

25 million streams = 70 USD, is this normal?

I considered signing up with Identifyy, but I’m assuming that it would cause hassles for any tracks that get purchased off of an RF site, correct? If a track is on Pond 5 and someone purchases that track with the intention of putting it in a YouTube video and monetizing THEIR video, it would conflict with Identifyy trying to monetize the video because it has MY track, wouldn’t it? And I definitely don’t want to deal with whitelisting every instance like that. Am I misunderstanding?

#40433 Reply
    MM Musicworkx

I signed up with identifyy a month ago and uploaded all my rf tracks. So far i havent received any complaints. I have over 200 tracks live in their system.

I guess identifyy whitelists the videos themselves if the video owners dispute the claim and are able to provide proof of purchase. Just guessing… Dont know for sure.

#40434 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Identifyy has detected nearly 900 videos, so far, with our music and no problems here. Much tougher now to monetize videos on YouTube as it’s a high bar of followers and monthly views to qualify. More likely you will have your music in videos that are not, or will never be, monetized.

#40435 Reply
    echoflex
    Participant

“high bar of followers and monthly views to qualify.” – GOOD POINT! I forgot about that. And anyone who is so popular on YouTube to be above that bar is probably savvy enough by now that they are getting their appropriate music licensing ducks in a row.

#40461 Reply
    gen5020

Art or someone who has music on Identifyy. Could you please tell me, how you do co-writers? My fear is I’m going to get a chunk of money and won’t know how to divide it up with various co-writers. Is there a spreadsheet that comes with the payment? Should I create different “accounts” with each writer? Sorry for asking but every time I talk to them about it, they act like I’m the only one that has ever had a co-writer and won’t give me a direct answer.
    Dave

#40463 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You can download a spreadsheet (csv file), by month, that will detail the earnings per track. It would be up to you to calculate and distribute the splits.

#40464 Reply
    gen5020
    Participant

Thanks Art!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Content ID Question
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us