Exclusive, Non-Exc. What’s working best for you?

Home Forums General Questions Exclusive, Non-Exc. What’s working best for you?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Shadrick
    Participant

Im in the same boat as bradymusico. I have about 300 cues and they are all NE, but ive been thinking about pitching to some well known Exclusive libraries who are known to consistently land cues… but I as well have my strongest writing strengths in some niche genres that are doing fairly well in my NE libraries. I just dont want go balls to the wall on production for songs i plan on using in an exclusive library only to have them sit there and collect dust, which seems to happen to a lot of composers signing on to exclusives. I guess youll never know till you test the waters.

#16998 Reply
    lc

Exclusive is ok, if you have a reversion clause.

#16999 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

At the moment my music is about 50/50 between E and NE but 99% of the income is from the exclusives. I stopped adding music to NEs except for one new one which is run by someone I know.

#17000 Reply
    TV composer guy

This is an interesting topic. I’ve been wondering the same recently, if there has been a shift towards more exclusive uses as more & more libraries are heading towards the exclusive model.

I would say that about 90% of my income is non exclusive, most of my exclusive tracks are sitting on digital shelves gathering virtual dust. I keep an eye on my (free) tunesat account & I am getting non exclusive tracks airing every day, mostly on cable, but some non exclusives are getting used on networks as well which is surprising given the spiel we are told that they refuse to use non exclusive tracks these days.

#17009 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

I’ve signed up with about a half dozen NE’s, and have made about $2 from one that offers a streaming service, not a single license or sale.

I ‘gave’ some songs to a big exclusive, and got $150 on my last BMI check, and am getting regular detections on Tunesat, so I know the songs are being used.

I would not have considered exclusives a year ago, but am now considering them more — especially since many seem to be moving away from NE.

#17027 Reply
    Jay

i’m still getting a good amount of placements from a NE library that has recently offered an exclusive option (I stayed NE) and am getting the occasional major network placement with those NE songs – going exclusive still doesn’t make sense to me especially now that I’m pitching directly to music supervisors…yes..it is possible 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Exclusive, Non-Exc. What’s working best for you?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us