Funny Placement

Home Forums Share It! Funny Placement

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

I loved watching the Muppet Show when I was in music school and thought my “dream job” would be a staff composer for it and/or Sesame Street. 5 years ago I decided to write a Muppet Show-ish library track for fun. It has done pretty well for me. Today Tunsat picked it up on a promo for the 2014 movie “Muppets Most Wanted” airing on Comedy Central this Sunday. I thought that was pretty funny. Close, but no cigar 😉

#28981 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

Awesome! I think that’s well worth the cigar!

#28984 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats Alan that’s great news for you!

(Little known factoid. I was the guy playing Kermit’s banjo in the original movie.)

#28985 Reply
    Philtunes
    Participant

Brilliant… Story did Paul Williams compose a few pieces for the movie ? I always like listening to his music

#28987 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Story did Paul Williams compose a few pieces for the movie ?

Yes, Paul wrote the first album and his band (which I was part of) recorded the album.

BTW let’s not steal Alan’s thunder. That’s a nice placement.

#28988 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

(Little known factoid. I was the guy playing Kermit’s banjo in the original movie.)

That’s cool Art! You just moved up two rungs on the “Art is my hero” ladder 🙂

BTW let’s not steal Alan’s thunder. That’s a nice placement.

Definitely no thunder on this placement, probably no money either, ha.

BTW, I played my $100 craig’s list banjo on my track, haha

#28989 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BTW, I played my $100 craig’s list banjo on my track, haha

Yeah they all kind of work don’t they? For that session I rented a 5 string banjo, took of the 5th string, tuned it like a guitar and “Bob’s your uncle”!

#29010 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hey Art, was your’s the banjo part on “Rainbow Connection”?

There’s a funny scene in The Muppets when it was on ABC last year. Kermit takes his banjo, sits outside and begins to play “Rainbow Connection”. A voice shouts out from the distance – “Hey frog, learn a new song!!” 🙂

#29011 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey Art, was your’s the banjo part on “Rainbow Connection”?

Yes, that was me. I remember going to the Cinerma Dome, in Hollywood, when the movie first came and seeing that opening scene. That was quite a thrill. Just me and Kermit. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Funny Placement
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us