Hello, everyone

Home Forums Newbie Questions Hello, everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

This isn’t a question, but a hello and introduction. Apologies if this isn’t posted in the right place, but I couldn’t find a “newbies introduce yourself” forum.

This is a great place, and I’m glad I found it. I’m already benefiting from the wealth of information here, particularly the music library reviews and discussions.

I’ve been involved in writing music ever since childhood, but have been seriously pushing it for about two years now.

I’m looking forward to getting to know my fellow composers here, and to absorbing all the great information MLR has to offer.

Thanks again,

-Loren

#23757 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Hi Loren,

You will definitely find this site valuable. There’s treasure here. There’s another forum we both frequent. If you use that one to help develop your production skills and this one to source new outlets, you’ll find they complement each other quite nicely.

#23758 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

Thanks, Rob! Yes, I can already tell that both of these forums are going to be incredibly helpful.

And you’re right about this place being a treasure. My only wish is that I’d have found it sooner.

See you on the forums!

-Loren

#23760 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Hi ComposerLDG!Welcome to the forum.

I’m just 3 years in the library music biz (so,you could say i’m a newbie) and found out about MLR almost 2 years ago.
    It was an eye-opener for me,the amounts of info i got helped me in so many levels (legal,songwriting,pitching music to the right places etc).

The only con is my lifetime membership expires in 2214 and i’m afraid 198 years are not enough to absorb all this info…

#23761 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

Haha! Well on the bright side, imagine what DAWs will be like in 2214! 🙂

#23762 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Hi, Loren. In my 4th year, and entering year 3 on MLR (thanks to a suggestion by Rob – thanks again Rob!). A lot of the folks who chime in here have a lot of experience, and not a lot to gain from you other then the satisfaction of sharing their knowledge, so you won’t hear a lot of fluff here about the biz. My opinion: definitely worth signing up for the lifetime membership if this is a long term game for you. Good luck, see you around the forums!

#23763 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, Chuck! I will consider the lifetime membership, as this is definitely a long term game for me. I’ve already learned a lot just by briefly going through the forums and the library reviews.

Great place!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Hello, everyone
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us