How to know when to stop sending cues to a library?

Home Forums General Questions How to know when to stop sending cues to a library?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MuscoSound 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

SabalSounds
    Participant

In other words, hypothetically how many do you submit before gauging the success rate of your cues with their clients? Does exclusive or nonexclusive impact that decision?

Also, if a library you are supplying music to suddenly becomes unresponsive to email (I can only imagine the daily volume they contend with) do you continue to submit music?

#24001 Reply

Musicmatters
    Participant

Hi Sabalsounds

For non ex i will send at least 50 good cues and give them a couple of years. For Ex, which i do less of, i would send about 25 and give it the same amount of time. I would not submit to a library that is unresponsive,… highly unprofessional and even disrespectful imho. I might not even work with them, unless they have really proved themselves in the past. Hope that helps

MM

#24002 Reply

SabalSounds
    Participant

Hey thanks for the quick reponse MM! Good advice. I’m not composing full time but my goal is 75 – 100 cues this year.

#24003 Reply

ChuckMott
    Participant

Define being unresponsive. Not responding within three days? 2 weeks or a month? Or not at all?

#24006 Reply

SabalSounds
    Participant

Let’s say a few weeks since and since the nature of placements can be years to materialize (if they ever do) how important is regular contact? Or just keep feeding the database with songs?

#24007 Reply

ChuckMott
    Participant

Same questions here, Cabal good topic.

#24066 Reply

MuscoSound
    Participant

Personally I think reputation goes a long way, and other composers success with a particular library really effects how long you give something a chance. Also the rate a sync goes for in that library should effect the length of time you are submitting new music. It’s hard to put a number on it because sometimes you just have a gut feeling, but sometimes it turns out to be a waste of time. If you are sending emails and they are not responding, then I wouldn’t keep my tracks with them. This is a partnership and if they aren’t getting back with you, then just imagine if you were a customer. I had a situation where I was owed 100+ euros and didn’t get my payment. I tried sending emails, calling, and got no response. The only time I did get an email was once I deleted my entire catalog of music. Kind of a case of to little to late.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How to know when to stop sending cues to a library?
Your information: