If you thought the Blurred Lines lawsuit was crazy

Home Forums Share It! If you thought the Blurred Lines lawsuit was crazy

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tbone
    Participant

If it wasn’t sampled then I think it’s very bad form for sites to be saying it was. Like the “whosampled” website has me understand it that way.

Also MichaelL: that Amen break video is absolutely bonkers. I remember seeing it a while ago and thinking but.. but.. that break is on like 1000s of tracks AND it’s even on royalty free drum loop packs which state “our beats are 100% royalty free”, and I’m talking big companies too.

I think that one is a really, really extreme case though. I wonder what could even be done about it now.

#22576 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

There are two other possibilities going on with this case.

1) After Blurred Lines case, these plaintiffs feel like having a go at the wheel of fortune too.

2) After a study of several years, the US Copyright office released a report in which it recommended some sweeping changes to US copyright laws to reflect how music is written, produced and distributed today –that might have an effect on suits like this.

In other words, they may be trying to get this suit filed while they still have the opportunity.

#22583 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

Wow

#23428 Reply
    realstacktrace

There’s no question Jessie J sampled Black Heat in “Price Tag.” Did Jessie J’s camp not clear the sample?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Reply #22557 in If you thought the Blurred Lines lawsuit was crazy
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us