Interview on Jake Fienberg show.

Home Forums Share It! Interview on Jake Fienberg show.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Was recently interviewed by Jake Fienberg for his show. If you’re interested, it’s more about my early days, as a guitar player, for various groups and the L.A. studio scene, circa 60s and 70s.

#33483 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#33506 Reply
    Paul Biondi

Hey Art, I’m listening to your interview while catching up on some work. Pretty cool you studied with Joe Pass (I think I heard that right) and that when you played on sessions you were seen as “the guy” who could come up with a catchy lick/riff.

#33517 Reply
    jdt9517
    Participant

Haven’t been able to listen to it all, but it’s really interesting. I got started about ten years after you. I’m sure it’s amazing to the younger folks here, but the first-tier players were quite approachable as you discussed.

As I told others, at the time it was kind of an informal apprenticeship program. The experienced pros would take young promising players under their wings and show them the ropes. My two main mentors for keyboards were Ralph Grierson and Pete Jolly. Being exposed to the inside – how a chord is played – how to approach a line, is something that never could be put in a book. There was something about being there, in the moment, that was irreplaceable.

I’m no longer in the scene, but it seems like that concept has gone away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Interview on Jake Fienberg show.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us