Moving to ASCAP, BMI in 2019

Home Forums PROs Moving to ASCAP, BMI in 2019

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  maxquaini 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

MichaelL
    Participant

@wall_e , the license between the U.S. PROs, ASCAP and BMI, and their composers is non-exclusive, which allows composers to direct license. Many societies in other nations require an exclusive license from their composers, which can limit composers’ freedom and autonomy.

#32737 Reply

jdt9517
    Participant

Throughout my career I have been with BMI. Don’t know if it’s better or worse than the other PRO’s, but I do get a check every quarter.

BMI and ASCAP are the most accepted PRO’s in the US. I would affiliate with one of them if you are planning to do work in the US.

#32806 Reply

soundroad
    Participant

I am thinking about moving from PRS to BMI.
    It seems that PRS has become worse in recent years.
    My music usage claims are hanging months without any action from their side. Support does not answer until I send 2-3 letters.
    And suddenly the money stopped coming to my bank.
    I’m trying to solve this problem with support since April … so far without success.

#33291 Reply

maxquaini
    Participant

I was opening a new thread about it, but since there’s an existing one I guess I can ask it here.
    Did you finally moved from SIAE to BMI or ASCAP?
    I’m planning to move from SIAE to BMI, I was wondering if someone here experienced the process, how it was and what exactly happened to the existing catalog in SIAE, if it’s done by PRO or you will have to register songs again with BMI.
    Thank you in advance!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Moving to ASCAP, BMI in 2019
Your information: