RF sales down?

Home Forums Commentary RF sales down?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Wonder why your RF sales are down?
    Here’s what composers are up against — unlimited downloads for $99 per year! That 2 Billion “saved” is 2 Billion of lost income for composers.

#23456 Reply
    Blind
    Participant

Just like how this business is not the same as it was five years ago, it also won’t be the same just a few years from now. It will be worse in ways that we can easily predict, and in ways that we can’t imagine yet.

#23457 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Must be the same company as videoblocks.com. I just signed up for unlimited video downloads for $49 for a year. No batching though but hey, maybe I’ll have a career as a video producer and make big $$$!

#23465 Reply
    Michael

I have to own up to joinng a subscription based Video/Pic supplier.It’s a very modest monthly subscription but each month as I get the notification of funds being taken from my account,I think to myself,I haven’t used it for ages,it might have been cheaper to buy outright in the first place!

#23466 Reply
    Mojo rising

I suppose the only power we have as composers is to educate each other on sites like this and discourage others from adding music to sites like this that kill our industry.

#23467 Reply
    Paolo

I suppose the only power we have as composers is to educate each other…

Michael L had shared awhile back (something along these lines) that he used to try to educate and advise on this topic, but found composers ultimately do what they feel is best for them/their situation. It seems we each a have we won’t cross-but everyone’s line is in a different spot.

#23468 Reply
    Paolo

can’t edit so here’s the fix:

I suppose the only power we have as composers is to educate each other…

Michael L had shared awhile back (something along these lines) that he used to try to educate and advise on this topic, but found composers ultimately do what they feel is best for them/their situation. We each have a line we won’t cross -but everyone’s line is in a different spot.

#23471 Reply
    mdeman
    Participant

Wow, that’s bad…’Subscription’ seems to be the new buzz (Adobe,Avid,East West). what’s next? Free music with in app purchases ( melody,different arrangements?) ;-P

#23472 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

I’d say that doesn’t help but Youtube also has like 1500 tracks in it’s music library. I am pretty sure those are completely free, dunno what anyone gets out of having their music on there but people are doing it.

#23479 Reply
    JD

This is disheartening.

#23480 Reply
    patrick
    Participant

“Artists” can be a pathetic, desperate, delusional bunch. I can only imagine that some think they will get their start there and be on their way. ….the next John Williams. Race to the bottom! To be fair it isn’t just artists that are in that race. God, it is so pathetic though.

#23481 Reply
    SCP
    Participant

Here’s an interesting article on a somewhat related topic. Adapt or fade away…Ocean Way Recording Studio

#23482 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“Artists” can be a pathetic, desperate, delusional bunch. I can only imagine that some think they will get their start there and be on their way. ….the next John Williams.

You should never discount where the John Williams will come from (not that I’m supporting the race to the bottom). I’ve been in the business long enough to have seen some incredible successful artists/composers spin off from the most unlikely of places.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: RF sales down?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us