Short Cue Question…

Home Forums General Questions Short Cue Question…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Referring to short mixes of full tracks…

Using different sections of a full track to create short cues, is it preferable to keep the present volume level of the original track, or should I make adjustments depending on the volume level of the section used.  For instance… the first short cue I made was taken from a soft volume level of the full track. Should I raise the volume on this short cue, or keep it the same as in the original full track?

Thanks, John 🙂

#6056 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I tend to keep mine the same. My thinking is that if a client edited different sections together there would be a better level match. But I could be all wet. Also, there could be no “right” answer.

#6058 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

” For instance… the first short cue I made was taken from a soft volume level of the full track. ”

Soft volume level?????!!!!

Geez..John…dynamics ar so last millennium!  Next thing you’ll be telling us that you use melody and harmony too!!!!! 😆

#6060 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

“Geez..John…dynamics ar so last millennium!  Next thing you’ll be telling us that you use melody and harmony too!!!!! ” – MichaelL

Yeah, I must have lost my mind for a moment. If one wants tracks to fit into today’s market, then compress the heck out of ’em. 😀  What’s melody and harmony. Never heard of those terms Michael.

#6063 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

” What’s melody and harmony. Never heard of those terms Michael.”

Stay away from the 5 note chords, and you’ll be safe. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Short Cue Question…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us