Should I become a Harry Fox Publishing Affiliate?

Home Forums General Questions Should I become a Harry Fox Publishing Affiliate?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If I have my music in libraries that act as the publisher, as most do, what use is HFA to us?

If your music always going to remain exclusive with another library, probably not so much.

#34103 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

So Harry Fox is most helpful if I am the publisher, not the composer then?

#34104 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

So Harry Fox is most helpful if I am the publisher, not the composer then?

This might help https://www.harryfox.com/#/faq

#34109 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

Thanks Art.

So it appears that if one has a standard contract with libraries where the library owns the publishing, HFA will send money to the library (publisher) and not the composer.

#34364 Reply
    MichaelB

Hello ya’ll,
    Just following up on this thread here.
    I am currently a non-affiliated publisher with HFA. Am I able to affiliate with HFA if I am an individual representing my own catalog? I have no LLC in the form of a publishing company or record company. Does HFA require one of these for affiliation?

Thanks for your help!

#38958 Reply
    Donald G. Norris

I have recently recorded a CD in Nashville as an Indie. I am seeking the best way to determine how I can get paid for CD sales and getting paid for permitting mainstream performers using my music and songs on their own CD, or using in live concerts, etc.
    I have been reading all the info provided on your website(s). there is so much to learn, I just really dont know where to start.
    Any help you can proviide would be much appreciated.
    thank you,
    D.G. Norris 505-692-3142

#38959 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I have been reading all the info provided on your website(s). there is so much to learn, I just really dont know where to start.

Join and register your songs with one of the Performing Rights Organization. (BMI, ASCAP or SESAC if you live in U.S.)

For distribution probably the easiest way is with CDBaby or TUNECORE (Do a Google search)

#39116 Reply
    D.G.Norris

I have a 10 song CD, published by a Nashville Studio. I am too old to perform anymore.
    I simplywish to get my original music in front of a performing artist. HFA, ASCAP,, SESAC, etc. are all very confusing, and I do not seem to find an application form to even get started.
    Its my understanding that I need to join HFA, and ASCAP to get paid royalties. Can anyone give me any direction here? I appreciate anything you can offer.
    thanks,
    D.G. Norris

#39121 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@D.G. Norris. First choose a PRO (Performing Rights Org.) you want to affiliate with. Either BMI, ASCAP or SESAC. Contact them on how to join, there should be info on their website. Register your songs with the PRO you choose. I wouldn’t worry about HFA for now. Pitching songs to successful recording artists is a hard slog. You need to get to them through a contact and that means a lot of footwork. You could try a song pitcher (lots of them in Nashville. We use to live there). They charge a fee and I have not found them to be helpful, they just take your money. There is no magic bullet. Just a lot of work on your part!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Should I become a Harry Fox Publishing Affiliate?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us