Subscription Models Must be Destroyed!

Home Forums Commentary Subscription Models Must be Destroyed!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  LAwriter 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

PeteJ
    Participant

Nothing to add except to express bafflement as to why anyone would allow a library to sell their music in this way.

#28813 Reply

LAwriter
    Participant

Nothing to add except to express bafflement as to why anyone would allow a library to sell their music in this way.

IN my case it was an existing library that I had worked for moving music that was already legitimately signed over to them non-exclusively INTO one of these subscription models libraries without permission. It was obvious to me that this was a sleazy move on their part, and that it would definitely hurt my other non-exclusive placements. After discussing our contract, I told them they did not have permission. That ended our relationship – permanently. It seems they are heavily weighting this new subscription model in their business plan.

Luckily, this library has not shown up in the MLR listings, and I don’t even want to mention it’s name as giving it any exposure is dangerous IMO. If it ever shows up here, I will no doubt give it a scathing review. 🙂

#28814 Reply

LAwriter
    Participant

PS – this particular company sells it’s licenses via subscription for between $0.10 and $0.20 cents a track.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Subscription Models Must be Destroyed!
Your information: