Track names too long?

Home Forums General Questions Track names too long?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    TheOne

Yo Del, no disrespect here, but the whole long title thing is kind of funny to me. I would worry about titles only when the music is top notch. This is a professional forum, I try to speak the true and not make things better then they really are.

#7701 Reply
    Mark Lewis

As part of my job of running musicloops.com I review music submissions all day long.

The first thing I look at is the title, if it is over 24 characters long I immediately delete the track without listening to it. If it is under 24 characters I immediately approve it.

This method of music approval makes life very easy for me

😉

-Mark

#7702 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Hello Mark,

That’s really arbitrary and unfair. Why, I know a guy who knows about a library where the cutoff is 26 letters. That makes sense because that’s how many letters are in the alphabet. Perhaps you should review your policy!!!!!

#7703 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Well, originally I thought that the letters Q and X weren’t popular enough to be included in my algorithm but now that you have brought the unfairness of that decision to light I will reconsider our current 24 letter policy.

-Mark

#7704 Reply
    TheOne

Oh….but Mark my music is under 24 characters and you still did not approve me…I guess I have to much high frequencies in the letters O and F….

F**k this!

#7705 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

When I first read Del’s post, I also was wondering for a second if he was serious. But I think he was. So I responded with the approach that maybe we could help someone with the benefit of our knowledge and experience. And sometimes even if we don’t help the original poster, someone else learns something from our replies. You never know.

And if it was a all a joke… Oh, well… 😀

#7706 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@Mark..so if I shorten “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” to “WeWshUaMryChrsms” I’m in?…..Sweet.

Chrs,

MichlL

+ahpynwyr

#7749 Reply
    Emlyn Addison

I’ve learned to be pretty descriptive with my titles (though my preference is more obscure names…but these aren’t helpful for editors/producers seeking music) but there is such a thing as too long.

From my own copywriting/editing experience, anything can be reduced further…you just have to find the right way to say it.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Track names too long?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us