Trying out exclusive libraries….

Home Forums General Questions Trying out exclusive libraries….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

In my case I’ve done my research and know what this particular library wants, and I think it is in my wheelhouse to do the style they are asking for. My feeling is they may get decent placements, but I’m not sure. Definitely going to do my best to give them quality tracks though, so the post isn’t about that really. The question is, how many tracks do you give a library that you think you would like to work with , especially if they are exclusive, as a trial. As in I am going to give this exclusive library x number of tracks and see how they do. Thoughts? And how long in general do you give them to let you know whether or not your tracks have passed muster or not?

#23116 Reply
    Paolo

Hey Chuck,

And how long in general do you give them to let you know whether or not your tracks have passed muster or not?

I’m just a few months a head of you 🙂 with this and new to exclusives having started last year with PMA exclusives (not the non-excl turned exclusive).

From what I’m seeing, I think it could easily take a couple of years before our tracks circulate, get placed in a production, client pays their sync fee and library pays us, if it airs on TV: cue sheets filled and PRO pays.

how many tracks do you give a library that you think you would like to work with , especially if they are exclusive, as a trial

I’m following my gut – 12 tracks. It doesn’t seem like a big loss and a large enough number to gove the library and ourselves a fair opportunity.

I’m curious – What number do you have in mind?

PS – I’m having trouble posting (getting error messages) so if you don’t hear back from me I’m working through that problem.

#23117 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

10 was what I was thinking. In 2 libraries if I have my way about it. 10-12 was the number I thought I had seen thrown around before.

#23118 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

I was also thinking about 10 tracks.

#24389 Reply
    soundroad
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I have a similar question about the genre of tracks.

I plan to create about 10 -12 tracks and offer them to the exclusive libraries.
    My main genres – pop/soft-rock (indie, alternative, rocktronica, mostly with positive mood), rock (hard-heavy, modern) and acoustic (simple, happy or country-blues).

What do you think, would it be better to do this tracks in one particular genre or in different genres?

#24392 Reply
    Paolo

I plan to create about 10 -12 tracks and offer them to the exclusive libraries…. What do you think, would it be better to do this tracks in one particular genre or in different genres?

@soundroad

My experience is that before making the deal, the library will want to hear a few of your tracks to assess the quality level in both your production and composing – as well as if it meets a need they need to fill.

So if you’re equally excellent at all of the genres you listed, send them a variety but send them your best.

#24417 Reply
    soundroad
    Participant

Hi Paolo, thanks for your comment!

Sure I understand what you’re saying about the quality.
    I’m not a newbie in making music, but however I had never the reason to consider myself as excellent. 🙂
    I noticed that exclusive libraries often publish collections in particular styles/genres, thats why I came to this question. Thinking this way I just suppose that it would be more convenient for the library to get a bunch of tracks in one genre than very mixed stuff. But maybe it’s just my mistake.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Trying out exclusive libraries….
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us