Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

does anyone here know the difference between tunesats free account for 50 tracks and the premium acct 50 tracks at $35/month? (for US territory)

#31915 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You don’t get all of the bells and whistles. Check this link for a comparison.

https://tunesat.com/tunesatportal/home/pricing

#31916 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

thanks art, thought thered be detections only the paid acct would detect

#31925 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

i dont know anyone who pays for it.

#31926 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I pay for it. For me it is worth it. The free account (when I had it) was limited to 50 detections per month. I would sometimes hit that in the first week. I have discovered placements I would not have known about, and been paid royalties I would not have received because of Tunesat.
    The down side is I hear so much of my music on TV that I know I will never be paid for, it makes me crazy. But I’m glad I’m at least aware of it so I can focus my efforts on what does pay.

#31927 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I pay for it. For me it is worth it.

I agree, well worth it. We have two commercials running now that have generated thousands of dollars already (they are still running) and I would have never known about them without Tunesat.

#31929 Reply
    composer
    Participant

I pay for it.

#31930 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Art,

I’m with BMI and if I recall correctly, I think you are.

If BMI tells me they don’t acknowledge Tunesat, how do I prove my placement if no video is available?

I agree, well worth it. We have two commercials running now that have generated thousands of dollars already (they are still running) and I would have never known about them without Tunesat.

#31931 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If BMI tells me they don’t acknowledge Tunesat, how do I prove my placement if no video is available?

Takes a bit of detective work. In the case of the commercials I could identify the product (well, one of them I couldn’t but a friend was able to hear the product buried in the mix) I then searched Competitrack until I found them. That took a bit of searching but once I had the Competitrack ad code all I had to do was give that code to BMI.

TV shows are much harder but in some instances I found them on Netflix. I was able to give the timings to BMI and they accepted it. With some channels it’s not worth the effort (REELZ comes to mind).

#31932 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Glad you were able to figure it our Art.

I have some network , 30 sec promos that I’m trying to chase down. BMI is really not helping me at all.

I love being a Musician. Getting screwed for over 35 years. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Tunesat Free vs Paid acct
Your information: