YouTube Content ID, AdRev and Copyright Infringment

Home Forums General Questions YouTube Content ID, AdRev and Copyright Infringment

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    KORDS
    Participant

Perfect, thank you!

#32691 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Perfect, thank you!

I updated my answer. Please re-read.

#32692 Reply
    KORDS
    Participant

Right, before submitting I will notify them of my situation and see if they will accept my music even tho I handle the content ID.

All the best!

#32695 Reply
    DavidM
    Participant

I have a question: I too want to avoid stuff going onto YouTube content ID. On songtradr with its monetisation you can tick to be with Big Sync Music amongst other people. What’s not clear from them and many other libraries is whether your tracks will end up with content ID on YouTube. What I don’t want is people buying my tracks legitimately from elsewhere and finding they can’t use them.

Does anyone have any experience of this on Songtradr?

#32697 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What’s not clear from them and many other libraries is whether your tracks will end up with content ID on YouTube.

Yep, that’s what we all are dealing with. Doesn’t seem to matter when some libraries say they will not place your music in Content ID. They do it anyways!

If you have a small catalog you can run a test on YouTube. Upload a video (it can just be an image running over the course of the video and set to “Private”. You will find quickly whether there is a strike against you and you can contest it. They usually give you enough info to track down the company that placed the track.

I have thousands of tracks so that route is impracticable for me.

#32700 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

If a library has your music on a non-exclusive basis and it puts your music into Content ID it is violating YouTube’s terms of service.

Here’s the relevant language:

“Copyright owners must be able to provide evidence of the copyrighted content for which they control exclusive rights…

….Copyright owners must have the exclusive rights to the material that is evaluated. Common examples of items that may not be exclusive to individuals include:

….music or video that was licensed, but without exclusivity…”

The non-non-exclusive libraries entering your music into Content ID are not the copyright owner and they do not have exclusive rights to your music.

#32701 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

You’re 100% correct Michael. These companies need to pay attention to what they’re doing, follow YouTube guidelines and act responsibly with our assets. Instead of telling us “oh, that wasn’t supposed to happen” they need to get their act together and not let it happen in the first place. Composesr do not need to waste their time fixing libraries mistakes.

#33518 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

The comments of this video are interesting:

#33519 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Michael Nickolas, nice primer.

#33575 Reply
    gen5020
    Participant

(first time writing). Great video Michael, thanks. So I’m looking to start my own web/production music site to sell my tracks. Having many of these tracks in RF libraries like P5, Audiosparx, Crucial etc… will my future clients get the content ID issues when they get my track? I have never signed with ADRev personally. If the answer is yes, is there anything I can do about it? I assume these are watermarked so just retitling isn’t going to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
Reply To: YouTube Content ID, AdRev and Copyright Infringment
Your information: