Youtube music question

Home Forums General Questions Youtube music question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gen5020
    Participant

Hey Everyone, Many years ago a buddy and I put a track on a non-ex site. The track gets licensed by a guy and he starts using it as a theme song for his YouTube site and produces hundreds of videos with each getting roughly 250k hits. I also just saw its been transcribed a few times and sold on Musescore. I do belong to Identifyy but I haven’t seen anything from these videos. Is the Non-ex Library making the money from YouTube and we are not entitled to it?
    I suppose my only recourse with Musescore is to tell them to take it down? If anyone has any help/suggestions for me, it would be much appreciated!
    Thanks. Dave

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Really depends on what that non-exclusive contract says. Do you sign away the Content ID rights and other rights?

Advice
    Participant

As Art said, check with that non-ex library to see what the terms are. I know audiosparx collects content ID and if you have a track there, it shouldn’t be in Identifyy. Other libraries may handle Contend ID and even do it without telling you. If the library is not doing it and they are the only library the track is signed with, talk to Identifyy.

Good luck!

Alan
    Participant

Something similar happened to me. I was surprised some of my popular RF tracks had nothing so I asked Identifyy about it. Someone else registered my tracks without my knowledge or permission. Luckily I recognized the publisher name, Sum of Music, as SK & it was resolved.

Note that I had to contact Identifyy and ask. They DID NOT tell me the tracks I uploaded were already claimed by someone else.

gen5020
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I finally heard back from Identifyy and they explained to me something I wasn’t aware of. A track needs to be in the Identifyy system before it starts being used on YouTube in order to collect any money. This accounts for all the videos using my track not generating any hits.

Art Munson
    Keymaster

@gen5020. Yes you need your tracks in Identifyy to collect. It can be a long process, if you have a large catalog, but well worth the effort.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us