Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive Strategy?

Home Forums General Questions Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive Strategy?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 286 through 288 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    LAwriter
    Participant

@cyberk91

Thanks for the link. Very informative.

I would think this is a step in the right direction, although those in power always seem to be able to arm wrestle tech to suit their needs and pocketbooks before the general public can get on board.

One thing is for certain, the next 20 years is going to look nothing like the last 20.

#30479 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

One thing is for certain, the next 20 years is going to look nothing like the last 20.

Or the 20 before that! 😀

#31567 Reply
    Dan W

I sell sound effects an music on a non-exclusive basis. I was confused about which road to take as well, which is why I created a numbers experiment, tracking non-exclusive sales from various companies and calculating what the hypothetical amount would have been if sold exclusively. It started with one year, but I’ve been doing it for a couple years now. The result so far always turns out to be more profitable on a non-exclusive contract.

The market keeps evolving though For example, AJ now allows authors to adjust the price of their products like P5 always has. That changes the numbers from the original calculation. Libraries are also offering more licensing options now too, like single-use or multi-use.

Viewing 3 posts - 286 through 288 (of 288 total)
Reply To: Exclusive vs. Non-Exclusive Strategy?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us