What does this mean?

Home Forums News What does this mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    JD

I’m not sure what this means for us, but I thought I would share.
    Concerning?

Access a free, searchable library of 180,000+ licensed audio tracks you can use in your videos without attribution.

#13571 Reply
    JD
    #13572 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

It means that bottom-feeding cheap-*ss producers, who don’t care about the music that goes into their productions, now have a place to get it for free…legally.

#13573 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

They also posted about it on their FB page. Shouldnt this be something we ‘opt’ into…?

“Thrilled to be a launch partner of Sign In With Fullscreen, offering over 180,000 JP tracks to Fullscreen users! Learn more:
    http://blog.fullscreen.net/2013/11/19/sign-in-with-fullscreen-and-unleash-your-creativity/”

#13577 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

Interesting – I’ve done a bunch of Exclusive and Custom cues for them, just wondering why they wouldn’t have brought this to us as something to opt into or out of. I’m going to call in, as well.

#13578 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

I just went to start a new fullscreen account to see what it was all about. I got to the end where the agreement is, and indeed it appears that this platform is all about Youtube royalties; and hence it would have to be exclusive tracks only in the deal.

#13579 Reply
    More advice

Sorry about my Keyboard and jibberish English from above. Art, Please take that post down since it makes no sense.

I suggest everyone call in to get an explanation, but yeah….I guess it’s for YOUTUBE royalties….which is probably good for JP but quite uneventful for individual composers. It really is time for Google to start paying a lot more in Royalties!

#13580 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

So, JP took the time to inform its composers of this no doubt.

Man I’m glad I don’t have any tracks with them.

And this is after they were exposed for having the founders tracks at the top of every search or something right?!

#13583 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Okay folks important information! Just heard back from JP.

“JP is providing our In House Catalogue to Full Screen users. So technically yes you are correct that we are providing Exclusive Music, however rest assured it is not from our Exclusive Artists Catalogue, rather our In House Composers Catalogue which is Exclusive to JP.”

#13586 Reply
    euca

180,000 in house tracks, wow!! Thanks for posting that Art, I feel much better now!

#13588 Reply
    music_pro
    Participant

180,000…hard to believe. This is really bad for RF site. They are now giving ton of tracks away for free…If this trend will continue, the youtube client base of the RF sites will start to shrink. The upfront fees for TV broadcast use are almost gone, now youtube
    “broadcast yourself” is the next royalty based platform. No more upfront fees for youtube videos.

#13589 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@music pro, AM was already in Fullscreen with 350,000 free
    tracks before JP. It seems that if this move spells the end of RF libraries then AM must have been slitting its own wrists in offering up its catalog.

More likely these libaries are just mining yet another tier of this business.

Every ripple in library land causes a tidal wave of anxiety and negative predictions here. I still believe that if you’re efficient, use technology to its fullest and are prolific, you can do well.

So, what might it mean?…a continued movement toward self-sufficient writers with large catalogs, who can produce a large body of work at minimal expense, on their own….maybe?

Or… maybe you need a bunch of “in-house” writers/players who crank it out day in and day out..factory style.

#13593 Reply
    More advice

I suggest everyone read the contract to join FullScreen. It seems that it is a scheme to give Full Screen control of your “YOUTUBE Channel”

Our “Channels” Would become part of the global fullscreen network of channels.

During the term Full Screen obtains the rights to “sell any and all ad inventory on your channel. Sell sponsorships and brand integrations. The exclusive right to collect all revenues from your channel or fullscreen network.

You guys have to read this contract. It’s pretty interesting scheme they are developing and clearly someone has a plan to do a big money grab from a bunch of consenting folks.

Additionally, there is no address, contact name, phone number, person etc on the contract! It’s just “Channel Agreement”.

Wow! Michael, Mr Lawyer…what are your thoughts?

#13594 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Registrar
    MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
    Whois Server
    whois.melbourneit.com
    Nameservers
    NS.INMOTIONHOSTING.COM
    NS2.INMOTIONHOSTING.COM
    Status
    ok
    Created
    10-aug-2003
    Expires
    10-aug-2014
    Updated
    26-jul-2013
    Whois Record

Domain Name………. fullscreen.net
    Creation Date…….. 2003-08-11
    Registration Date…. 2011-01-26
    Expiry Date………. 2014-08-11
    Organisation Name…. Strompolos Digital Media
    Organisation Address. 6100 Center Drive
    Organisation Address. Suite 1190
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Los Angeles
    Organisation Address. 90045
    Organisation Address. CA
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name……….. George Strompolos
    Admin Address…….. 6100 Center Drive
    Admin Address…….. Suite 1190
    Admin Address……..
    Admin Address. Los Angeles
    Admin Address…….. 90045
    Admin Address…….. CA
    Admin Address…….. UNITED STATES
    Admin Email………. brandon [at] fullscreen.net
    Admin Phone………. +1.7574166575
    Admin Fax…………

Tech Name………… George Strompolos
    Tech Address……… 6100 Center Drive
    Tech Address……… Suite 1190
    Tech Address………
    Tech Address……… Los Angeles
    Tech Address……… 90045
    Tech Address……… CA
    Tech Address……… UNITED STATES
    Tech Email……….. brandon [at] fullscreen.net
    Tech Phone……….. +1.7574166575
    Tech Fax………….
    Name Server………. ns.inmotionhosting.com
    Name Server………. ns2.inmotionhosting.com

#13595 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Also, on their website is this address.

Fullscreen Inc
    9336 Washington Blvd
    Building K
    Culver City, CA 90232

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Reply To: What does this mean?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us