When are you going to resign from your PRO?

Home Forums PROs When are you going to resign from your PRO?

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    guscave

This article is the first idea I have read that is actually inspiring and sounds like it might be able to work if implemented correctly.
    Bitcoin style automatic royalty payments.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-rockstars-cryptocurrency-music-industry/

Thanks for the link Mark. Very interesting.

#19647 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

What doesn’t make since to me is when you have a company like TuneSat out there and their reports aren’t used by the BMI, maybe other PRO’s use them, it seems like there could be a lot better way to do it. I think TuneSat claims something like 70-80% of usages go without being reported. I am not sure if that is a valid claim, but that is a pretty terrible percent if it’s accurate. If those numbers are even close then it seems pretty obvious that something needs to change because the system is not working the way it should.

#19648 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What doesn’t make since to me is when you have a company like TuneSat out there and their reports aren’t used by the BMI,

They will not use Tunesat detections to pay you but it is another data point to help you collect money that might have gone missing. I have found a number of shows detected where my name was not on the cue sheet or cue sheets hadn’t been filed. Helps in holding the feet to the fire of all those involved in reporting and paying us.

#19649 Reply
    guscave

I agree with Art. I had an issue of not having my name on the cue sheet fixed because of Tunesat detection. I notified the library and they contacted BMI and got the issue taken care of.
    But I do agree that the system needs a serious overhaul.

#19651 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

Art, Doesn’t that feel like something your PRO should be doing for you? They should be chasing that stuff down, and if you could find it using TuneSat, why can’t the PRO’s partner up with them, or at least respect the detection? Maybe I am expecting to much but it seems like a system that is not working correctly. How much time do you think you’ve spent trying to reconcile a TuneSat detection with your PRO?

#19654 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, Doesn’t that feel like something your PRO should be doing for you?

Of course they should but it’s the system we have so we have to deal with it.

How much time do you think you’ve spent trying to reconcile a TuneSat detection with your PRO?

Definitely hours but have only decided in the last few months to drill down so still getting a system in place that makes it bearable. I will say that the problem shows tend to repeat per quarter so once I get caught up and I have the kinks in my own system worked out it shouldn’t be too bad.

#19656 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

I have found a number of shows detected where my name was not on the cue sheet or cue sheets hadn’t been filed

Hey Art,

This is very helpful. Could you share how you get the cue sheets so that you can compare the tunesat report with your PRO statement.

Thanks,
    Paul

#19660 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

This is very helpful. Could you share how you get the cue sheets so that you can compare the tunesat report with your PRO statement.

I’m first reconciling Tunesat with the statement and then go to the library for the discrepancies. I’m only with a few libraries so I can figure out who has placed what. They may or may not share cue sheets but they will follow up with the shows as they are losing money also.

#19661 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Thank you Art!

#19669 Reply
    macaent1
    Participant

I’m already a fan of BTC and if that idea is ever put to action, I’ll be one of the first to sign up. Work out the uncertainties and it’s genius. Great link Mark, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: When are you going to resign from your PRO?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us