5 Year Report

Home Forums Share It! 5 Year Report

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Going into year 5, and my first quarter ASCAP statement surpassed my entire backend earnings from 2018. Very encouraging, and I owe much of the progress to information gleaned from this site. Thank you all for the wealth of info!

#34267 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats UpFromTheSkies!

#34268 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

I feel like I’m writing more and more tracks but getting basically the same back end money or slightly more. Congrats to UpFromTheSkies tho.

#34269 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Wow, congrats UpFromTheSkies!

#34270 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I feel like I’m writing more and more tracks but getting basically the same back end money or slightly more.

Same here Pat.

#34271 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

Congratz skies! thanks for keeping this thread alive…if i may ask you fivers hows your intl royalties looking compared to domestic?

#34272 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

My most recent Int distribution was around 35% of my domestic statement.

#34273 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Same here Pat.

Same here as well. I’ve hit the BMI glass ceiling. Tripled my content “on air” and virtually no BMI growth in the last 3+ years. The problem is twofold IMO – BMI’s draconian “terms and practices” and the fact that streaming pays 4-8% of what Cable pays, and everything is moving over to streaming…. 🙁

#34274 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

LAWriter, trying to make sense of your numbers…if you tripled your placements, and assuming your getting same placement stats as 3 years go, if my math is correct, then its BMI that has decreased payouts by 1/3?

#34275 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I’ve hit the BMI glass ceiling. Tripled my content “on air” and virtually no BMI growth in the last 3+ years. The problem is twofold IMO – BMI’s draconian “terms and practices”

In 2014, BMI altered it “terms and practices” by including a show’s ratings in its royalty calculation. I saw a huge drop from that point forward until 2019. Things picked up as the result of non-TV placements including music used by the Tampa Bay Rays, Universal Theme Park, a Bud Light radio commercial, and “general use” of a 23-year old track in Hong Kong! The last distribution was the best in several years, up about 40% over the quarterly average for 2017- 2019.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 90 total)
Reply To: 5 Year Report
Your information: