Has tunesat became obsolete ? is there somebody flying the plane ?

Home Forums General Questions Has tunesat became obsolete ? is there somebody flying the plane ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Lincoman
    Participant

Guess I’m not having a good week :^)

White_Stripes
    Participant

I believe tunesat is down for European detections since October, 14th.

cosmicdolphin2
    Participant

I get Euopean detections most days but I’ve not had any since 14-10-23 09:57 on German Channel NTV

I think this is the longest it’s been down IIRC

cosmicdolphin2
    Participant

PS – Ironically it says ” Maintenance Note: Fingerprinting is back online.” and it hasn’t worked since.

Lincoman

Yes, it’s been quiet for a couple of weeks. I guess they’ll catch up soon. They always seem to.

Tbone
    Participant

I haven’t had any detections on TuneSat for I think a couple months. I used to get them quite often before that.

composer
    Participant

I’m doing a deep dive in to Tunesat/Trqk/BMAT and other detection options, comparing cost, interface, regions and networks monitored, and detection percentage (which I understand will be a guesstimate). (I use Tunesat currently.) If I come to any profound conclusions, I’ll post them here.

Has anyone here used two or more of these services for a significant number of tracks (200 or more, perhaps?). If so, can you speak to detection percentages for each platform?

Advice
    Participant

Hey Composer
    First thing first. Do you have a sizable budget to spend for a detection service? You have to have quite significant income to make paying the prices worthwhile. Tunesat offers the free account with up to 50 tracks. I don’t think the other services have anything like that.

Also, keep in mind that not all PROs accept detections like these as proof to get paid. I know ASCAP doesn’t. Most of us find these services just for fun and getting to know about some placements long before our PRO statements come in.

Detections with Tunesat can be hit & miss and I can only assume that will be the case with other services. I could be wrong there. I find it picks up certain cable channels very well and misses a lot of network (CBS for example).

I looked into BMAT and I found the website very confusing- hard to figure out what the whole company is about. I had trouble getting pricing for detection service and when I finally did, I remember it was pretty expensive.

So… What is your goal with a detection service? What do you think you budget would be to pay for one?

composer
    Participant

For me, the goals and benefits of a detection service are:
    -I learn where my tracks are being used immediately, instead of waiting months or years to learn this from my BMI statement. The helps me determine where to pitch and sign my tracks, and what kinds of tracks to produce.
    -If I don’t see royalties for a placement, I can get in touch with the production music company that represents the track and make sure the placement is accounted for. This is in the best interest of both me and the company. (I’ve had experiences like Art’s commercial, referenced earlier in this thread.)

My Tunesat experience is similar to yours.

I’m already budgeting for Tunesat. What I’m trying to determine is if one of these other options is better.

Thanks.

Advice
    Participant

Hey Composer
    Glad you know what you need and the cost. Apologies if I implied otherwise. Questions like this come from people of all experience levels. I have no experience with the other companies you mentioned as far as reliability of detections, etc. Hopefully someone else here (Not is sales from one of the companies) can chime in.

Best of luck!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us