Identifyy

Home Forums General Questions Identifyy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hi Alan. Not sure I understand the question as AdRev and Identifyy basically do the same thing. Identifyy is better paying, in my experience. All of our tracks are in Identifyy, including RF.

#41267 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Sorry, Art. I wasn’t clear. When I submitted tracks to RF sights in the past, I always marked NO to “YouTube Content ID Registered.” This was true at the time. I have recently registered everything with Indentifyy. Should I go back and change those to yes?

I noticed some of the videos on my Identifyy report were blocked & I wondered if it was because I registered them with Identityy.

#41268 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I didn’t go back and change NO to YES. Hasn’t been a problem. From what I understand Identifyy doesn’t issue copyright strikes but collects the royalties. I may have this wrong but so far so good. You might ask them about the block. Their tech support is quick.

#41269 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I’m not really clear on YouTube copyright blocks, but I thought I read in The Identifyy agreement that they made it “easy” to get those cleared for legitimate licensers.

Regardless, I have no plans to edit all my RF tracks unless I get complaints.

#41273 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

After you upload tracks with Indentifyy – how soon does the “YouTube Reports” tab show what it has tracked? Does it track in close to real time like TuneSat or does it post tracking results quarterly?

#41274 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You see reports at the end of each month.

#41527 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Has anyone seen the October report yet?

#41528 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Not yet.

#41532 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I thought that I read somewhere on Identity’s site that they don’t allow tracks that use loops and certain sample libraries, including BFD. I can’t find that reference again. I understand why loops and phrase-based samples would be a problem for ID, but not BFD. Anyone know if that’s correct?

#41536 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

https://www.identifyy.com/faq

Sound recordings submitted should be original, unique, and distinct, and must not contain any open or unlicensed samples, sound effects, sound bites – or purchased beats, royalty-free music, or the like.

Reads to me that it’s okay as long as licensed and not in the open.

#41789 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

Didn’t some libraries (Like AS) have clauses stating that one couldn’t use a service like AdRev or Identifyy? Has that changed?

#41790 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

May be (I’m only on Radiosparx now) but we are in a different world now and I think most would agree we should be protecting our content. I haven’t had any issues with Identifyy or Adrev issuing copyright strikes. They are mainly collecting royalties and distributing.

#41808 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

I didn’t know you could move your songs off the other AS platforms and keep them only on Radiosparx… Will look into Identifyy..

#41816 Reply
    odie76
    Participant

A library registered some of my (non-exclusive) tracks with YouTube Content ID. I emailed them a couple of years ago asking them if I could have these tracks removed from the Content ID system, but they didn’t reply, and I didn’t follow up on that. Should I try again to get those tracks removed before signing up with Identifyy?

#41822 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I would get those removed first or don’t submit those particular ones to Identifyy until you get them removed by the library.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Identifyy
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us