Identifyy

Home Forums General Questions Identifyy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    angopop
    Participant

Art, when you say you’re only on RadioSparx now, how did you remove the songs from the other parts of AS? From what I understood, once your music was on their site, it was perpetual?

#41990 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@angopo: It’s a long story but basically I started with them before they implemented that requirement.

#41992 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

Ah, thanks Art.

#42126 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Here’s some info worth sharing:
    Identifyy informed me some of my tracks had conflicts with AdRev, but they didn’t know who registered them. I have been very careful to never agree to CID with any non-exclusive tracks.

After some sleuth work, it turned out someone at a non exclusive Library (SK) registered my tracks with AdRev even though I specifically declined it via email (and they confirmed via email reply) several years ago.

Fortunately, the library promptly and courteously took care of it. & apologized. Identifyy confirmed I no longer have any conflicts.

BTW – the April 2023 Identifyy payout for the first full quarter with my entire catalog registered is in the low/mid 4 figures range. 95% of that is from two tracks I had considered poor performers. 50% is from one video. If you haven’t signed on with them, maybe you should reconsider.

I hope this lasts, but I’ve become quite the pessimist.

#42135 Reply
    Scott Ross

I just recently signed up with Identify also (last October), and just saw what my payout will be for the first payment. Just under $1,000! I’ve been with two other agencies for a couple of years now and have gotten $0.0! 99 percent is from one song with just a solo sax and piano, but lots of videos for that particular song. Glad I found out about Identify!

#42245 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

Art I use ADREV tell me more about why I should switch. Thx 🙂

#42246 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“Art I use ADREV tell me more about why I should switch.”

They pay a fraction of what Identifyy pays out. That’s been my experience.

#42247 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

interesting…thank you. Did you have difficulty switching the songs over?

#42723 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Is there any schedule or pattern of when Identifyy releases their monthly reports? If I recall correctly, January and February 2023 came out within a few days of each other, but I still don’t see March.

I had some ownership conflicts early on and wonder if that caused delays in reporting.

#42725 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I don’t have March either.

#43337 Reply
    Sebmo
    Participant

Just seeing this thread and I am curious about identifyy. So far all my Non-Excl Tracks (around 200) are registered directly on Adrev. What is the best tragedy to switch the whole catalog to identifyy? Has anyone done it? Any advise on that?

#43338 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

I recently was in the process of switching, deleted my ADREV account and ended up switching back as ADREV has much better customer service, in my opinion and has been treating me well for 10 plus years. Some people who had/have been claiming Identifyy pays better really didn’t have their facts straight whom I spoke with about it.

I have about 1400 songs (mostly vocal, some instrumental, consisting of major label releases and syncs I own the publishing on but not the videos or sound recordings: some I own the sound recordings and not the videos; covers made of those major label songs and syncs; songs people have used my sound recordings with and made their own videos; as well as close to 1000 where I own both the publishing and the sound recordings.

I did learn something very important!!…make sure you don’t delete your present account until you have finished, as mush as possible, the process of switching and getting your new account situated as it can cause a long delay and Youtube does not pay retroactively so you could lose money. It is not like switching PROs where the money follows you better.

#43340 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“Some people who had/have been claiming Identifyy pays better really didn’t have their facts straight whom I spoke with about it.”

Not true in my case. Identifyy paid much, much better than Adrev.

#43341 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

Yes Art but it depends. Could it be that when you registered with Identifyy you filled out the info more completely and they ingested it better because when I signed up with ADREV originally it was so long ago they didn’t have the same spread sheet style intake process they do now which is much more complete and precise. How about you? Do you remember the process when your first signed up?

Also did you keep your ADREV account updated with new music and videos that would be a factor?

Also what exactly is paying better? Can you be more specific? is it per view that the rate is higher or more views paid on?

Could it be that now you have more works making money than you did then? Do you scour your statements to see what is paying better or is it just that the numbers of dollars are higher because that really doesn’t tell us much. Thanks for letting us know the specifics.

No one had been able to be specific about these things with me!

ADREV has much much better, personalized, customer service to fix issues which is very important to me!

Further most people don’t have the type of catalog I have with the type of uses I have so that could be a factor as well.

Most people don’t even realize that content id pays on works one does not own the sound recordings and videos to as long as one owns the publishing.

I’d love to diver deep in to the specifics if you can. Thank you! That would be awesome!

#43342 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

P.S. That said the main thing is one has to be careful not to delete their current account before they sign up with the other company for a new account

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Identifyy
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us