More Content id stuff

Home Forums Share It! More Content id stuff

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    woodsdenis
    Participant

And I am sorry, but I am now of the opinion that every RF site owner must educate THEIR buyers that content ID is here to stay and only going to get bigger
    Good grief. What a load of sh*t.

LOL
    It’s seems there is so much misunderstanding about this in general and much of it propagated by AdRev more than others, they seem to sell it to composers as a copyright checking service rather than a monetising service and all the fallout that can happen because of that. AdRev in particular kind of gloss over the exclusivity issue which is very plain in the YT TOS which of course AdRev and all the others have to adhere to.

#19593 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Exactly Denis.
    The thing about “DAVE” (almost an anagram for ADREV) is that he has very strong opinions but apparently is not a composer himself or he would have posted his own experience and numbers regarding the matter.
    He also only mentions ADREV as a monetizing source when there are many of them out there, Rumblefish, AdshareMG, CDBaby, Audiam, IODA and many others.
    Why does “DAVE” only single out ADREV?

And if you are a production composer with “millions of illegal uses” on youtube then you are not protecting your music catalog very well and you should probably use one of these monetizing services because your catalog is basically worthless in the music licensing industry.

One thing I do agree with is that every music library out there should embrace ADREV and CONTENTID because in the end ML will be the sole place that customers can go to where they don’t have to be harassed by third parties trying monetize their videos and they do not have to be “TAUGHT” a lesson in how to use the music that they just paid good money for.

Thanks “DAVE”, keep up the good fight.

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: More Content id stuff
Your information: