We officially have another “Napster” like Moment With SUNO AI

Home Forums Commentary We officially have another “Napster” like Moment With SUNO AI

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LAwriter
    Participant

“I’m sure writers and PROs won’t let that slide without any compensation for songwriters.”

Are you really sure? Cause from my perspective, musicians are the most stupid of all businessmen/women out there. We’ll give anything and everything away just to feel like “we made it”. We’re done for. It will take governments a decade or more to even START thinking about this, and by then, most musicians will have given up and moved on.

#45310 Reply
    MaLmusic
    Participant

I’m from Canada, and SOCAN is known for fighting for its members. Now, there’s no guarantee that production music composers will get their fair share, but I’m still optimistic.

That being said, if I was 20, I would probably choose a different career path…

#45312 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

AI is only as good as the data it learns from. I was just listening to an interview from an ADOBE executive and how they are rolling out more AI generated photos and videos. There is a lot of BS talk about “responsibly” offering generative AI images, videos, music, etc. etc. What exactly is “responsible” here? I do not ever hear how any of these companies plan to compensate the human authors of all of this content.

BTW I have sent some very inquisitive emails to shutterstock to ask when I will be paid for the data that is teaching AI and they responded “we do not know” and staff has been told “do not tell anyone who we are selling data to”…and they are “closely monitoring these new AI developments”. I encourage all of you to write to pond 5 to ask when you will be paid for the data getting sold to mega cap tech (without payment to us, nor our knowledge of how large these deals are)…Is that “responsible” and ethical?

The reality is that if governments and courts do not step in immediately and rule on how human created content is training AI models and whether or not that constitutes “fait use” and can these new outputs be considered free of copyright or are they now the copyright of those who entered the keywords to achieve a new “output”?

Accoring to the contracts on SUNO and Udio, and I find it to be incredibly arrogant and disturbing, we can type in Happy, Hip Hop, Fun, With Choir, generate lyrics about _______________, we then own that output as if it is our original work! This is absolutely insane!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: We officially have another “Napster” like Moment With SUNO AI
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us