Best BMI quarter yet!!

Home Forums PROs Best BMI quarter yet!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Numbers shifted in the first quarter 2015 distribution. That’s when we started to see the effects of BMI including broadcast ratings into their formula.

#24451 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Oh boy, anyone get this!

Dear Songwriter, Composer and Publisher,

We are writing to alert you about an isolated processing error we identified that has affected your March 2016 royalty statement. Specifically, incorrect durations of your cues and/or songs impacted the calculation of your royalty payment for performances on local television stations, PBS, and superstations.

The issue in some cases resulted in an overpayment, and in other cases an underpayment. You may have also noticed that the incorrect durations were reflected on your statement. While the error has since been corrected, we want to outline how BMI is addressing this situation.

You will be receiving a detailed supplemental royalty statement before the next quarterly distribution, reflecting the corrected cue durations. When appropriate, a direct deposit will be made, or check issued, to account for the difference in the original payment and the actual payment due. Any overpayment made to you in error will be deducted by BMI from your future royalty earnings.

#24452 Reply
    composer
    Participant

Yes, I got it also. I checked my statement and sure enough, many of the times for blanket and superstation are way off, all too short.

#24453 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@composer. Your right I just checked ours and for us it was mostly the Steve Harvey show with times of 1 sec. Who knows, maybe we’ll get another $2.00! 🙂

#24461 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I didn’t get it… yet. Was it emailed to you?

#24462 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Got the same email. Very odd, because I know that my music isn’t in any of the same shows as writers who go through libraries. Must be a glitch in their system.

#24464 Reply
    composer
    Participant

It was emailed yesterday. It also now appears as a note when I log in to my BMI account, so you could try that.

#24465 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Hmm, no note in my account. Maybe I squeezed by???

#24466 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Got the same email yesterday.
    I just checked and had 4 placements of 1 sec for superstation.

#24468 Reply
    KevinG
    Participant

No note or email here either.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Best BMI quarter yet!!
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us