East West Clearance Sale

Home Forums Share It! East West Clearance Sale

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kubed
    Participant

i found this on Best Service’s site.

Get 50% OFF remaining stock until each item is sold out (this is for boxed products – DVD’s).

http://www.bestservice.de/en/deals.html#east_west_dvd_products_50_off

#25062 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Btw,i got me QL SD2-The Next Generation and QL Silk.

Sweet deal!

#25064 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I would say, if you don’t need or want Hollywood Strings, then those two packages, along with Goliath, Ra, and Gypsy would give you a really nice workstation of sounds. Add on a good synth, and you’re set. Maybe a good set of Acoustic drums, an amp sim, and some decent pianos (where I thin the gold package lacks). Put those together with NI Komplete ( you would probably do fine with their synths, but maybe not the drums or pianos) and you’d be set for a long long time.

It’s nice to be living in a day and age where for less then probably $5000 you’d gave access to same world class sounds as some of the biggest composers int eh industry.

That said, Mr. Kubed is getting placed like crazy with a fairly minimal amount (although great quality) of synths and VSTS. It’s all in your skills and how you use it.

#25066 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Thanks, Chuck! You’ve just saved me a bundle by helping me to realize that I already have everything that I’ll need for some time 😀

#25067 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Your welcome. Glad I could help :).

#25068 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

@Chuck: Gypsy is on my “to buy” list.A bit on the fence about RA: seems that RA and Silk compliment each other very well but it’s said RA isn’t as detailed as Silk.Still,a great combination for exotic sounds.
    Maybe Era II Medieval Legends from Best Service is also a good pair with Silk?
    I’ve read mixed comments about Goliath (great Pianos,drums,brass and some other instruments but quite a few dated sounds as well).

Hollywood Strings Gold for $99 is a good budget option but since i’m not in a rush,i would
    probably save money and wait for a good Symphobia 2 deal.

Since we’re on this,does anyone know which strings VST could be used well for both commercial and orchestral productions (if there is any)?
    My productions are mostly in the commercial side but i’m doing some hybrid electronica stuff too and possibly will expand more into cinematic stuff in the future.

#25069 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Are any of you guys familiar with Composer Cloud?

You can download unlimited EW VST’s for 30 bucks a month. They don’t list every single library they ever made but have enough stuff on there for any composer of any genre to use for years.

If you stop the subscription, you can’t use the EW stuff anymore. That’s only down side but thousands of dollars worth of samples for 30 bucks a month is awesome IMO.

BTW, Kubed, IMO although expensive, Project Sam stuff is the most awesome string stuff I have personally heard and used.

#25071 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Thanks Daniel,Project Sam has really great stuff.Symphobia series sound amazing.

I’m familiar with Composer Cloud but i’m wondering if you can use it in a pc that isn’t connected to the internet.
    The pc i’m using for music production isn’t connected to the internet and i would like to keep it this way.

#25072 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Kubed,,

I doubt it. I’m thinking you have to be on line to at least download samples and verify license.

Perhaps you can disconnect after.

#25077 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Is my thought also. I would buy a hard drive to store the samples on anyway ( I have mine on a Western Digital SSD ) and the licenses are stored on there as well. Then it’s a matter of finding a computer to download it or just enable that one temporarily. I am personally not crazy about the pianos on Goliath. Silk sounds beautiful but RA may be a better all arounder , depends what you want. I kind of look at the EW as a more upscale NI Complete kind of package, but there are areas where NI Komplete excels (in my opinion, in the electric pianos, Battery, the synths,and I use guitar rig frequently). I like the sound of addictive keys better then the pianos on either of those. And the AD Drums is, well, one of the best I think. Sorry not to get off on a tangent, but I honestly couldn’t choose EW over NI or vice versa because one covers bases the other does not. I bet if you spoke to EW they would find a workaround the license thing for you.

#25078 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Chuck,

I agree. I was never a huge fan of ALL the EW stuff. There are some mediocre sounds and some stellar sounds. Depends on which library. I think of it as a useful utility. If I need a Pan flute in a hurry, I can find it on Composer Cloud.

IMO, higher end VST’s outperform EW all of the time, especially on strings, ensembles,etc.

Now back to reality. I can not afford a $600.00 library for every single type of instrument. If I use EW samples and use the right type a reverb, compression, etc,, I can get some convincing sounds.

#25100 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

For the record, as I thought, once your license is activated, yo don’t need to be connected to use EW . I’m thinking you likely will need to connect to them once a month to reactivate or update it , unless you pay for a year subscription. But I took a road trip this past week where internet isn’t available and it worked fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: East West Clearance Sale
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us