History channel

Home Forums PROs History channel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

This may have been asked before… but how well does the History channel pay compared to other cable networks? I’m talking a prime-time slot.

#25015 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Prime-time History channel from last domestic statement:

:24 = $8.59
    :17 = $6.08
    :32 = $11.45
    :16 = $3.94

#25016 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Not bad. Thanks!

#25018 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

How about A&E shows?

#25021 Reply
    Steve Ballard

A&E owns History channel. A&E is a subsidiary of Hearst/Disney-ABC group. So I would imagine the same type of payout .

#25027 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

O.K. , the BTN network? Streaming?

#25029 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Sure is nice to get on network TV. I was paid about $39/min on a recent CBS show. And that was an early Sat morning time-frame.

#25035 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

The BTN (Big Ten Network) is a streaming paid subscription site focusing on sports. I have one track with like 150 uses over at least a couple shows. Not sure what it pays but at this stage of the game I am nothing but grateful. I think they have me on like 8 shows.

#25036 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

@daveydad: i got a recent placement on CBS News Sunday Morning show and paid $36 for 8 secs!
    I got 200% of royalties though (writer’s and publisher’s share) and it’s a bit puzzling because i don’t know who got me the placement (probably an RF sale?).

#25037 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I’ve had the same kind of situation with a track getting used several times on NBC Sports NASCAR specials…. but…. I’ve never received any royalties for it. I assumed it was from a RF site but should I look into getting paid? And how would I do this?

#25038 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

I’ve tracks in a few NBC shows and they all pay royalties so,i’m assuming Sports NASCAR specials should have paid you your share.
    Had the placements been made before October 2015,they should appear on your recent statement.
    I’m guessing you found out about the placements through Tunesat?
    I don’t have any experience in uncollected royalties but,if i’m not wrong,tracking down who made the placements is needed in order to get paid.

Art or others with experience in such things could chime in and shed some light.
    You should def look into getting paid,it could be a few bucks but it also could be a decent
    amount of money!

#25039 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Yeah, I had a cue used on 9 episodes of NASCAR related shows on NBC Sports (Versus) between Jan and July 2015. Never seen a penny. I emailed a few people at NBC Sports but no replies. Would love any guidance/contacts on how to pursue this. Thanks!

#25040 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #25041 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Thanks Art. Good info. I did contact BMI and they said to contact NBC. Who to contact there? I had no clue.

#25042 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Art. Good info. I did contact BMI and they said to contact NBC. Who to contact there? I had no clue.

Tough one. Maybe LinkedIn? Takes a lot of detective work and not always successfully.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: History channel
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us