Problem or par for the course?

Home Forums PROs Problem or par for the course?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JD

Is it typical to get paid royalties (BMI) for an initial showing of a TV show, and then not get paid for re-airings on the same network (LOGO)? I am wondering if BMI just didn’t “catch them”, or is it something I need to pursue? Tunesat detected them, but BMI didn’t? If I do need to pursue this, do I alert the library/publisher, because I assume they didn’t get paid either. Just curious, this is the first time this has happened to me (newbie). Thanks all!

#19465 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Maybe the cue sheets for the repeat plays of the show have not been filed. Contact the library and see if they have any info.

Tunesat is a decent service. But I think the info can lead people to believe that they are being cheated or will not be paid. Tunesat is not perfect and misses song plays that the PROs detect.

The PROs and the music libraries are probably the best people to talk to if there is a serious concern.

#19476 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Is it typical to get paid royalties (BMI) for an initial showing of a TV show, and then not get paid for re-airings on the same network

Hi JD,

I’m not with tunesat so I don’t have any info in that area.

But regarding airings, I’m also with BMI and I see royalties from both the initial airing and repeat airings.

Paul

#19477 Reply
    composer
    Participant

You should be paid every time it airs.

#19479 Reply
    guscave

I had a similar problem. I contacted the library which happened to have a rep at BMI that had the issue cleared up within a few days. So yes, contact the library.

#19480 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

But I think the info can lead people to believe that they are being cheated or will not be paid.

Only until you understand what is payable and what is not.

Tunesat is not perfect and misses song plays that the PROs detect.

Neither are the PROs. Tunesat will pick up plays the PROs miss.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem or par for the course?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us