Sonar – Cakewalk

Home Forums DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) Sonar – Cakewalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’ve been using Cakewalk products for years and upgraded throughout that time. I’m currently on Sonar X1 Producer – Expanded. After many months on X1 I really think they blew it with the new interface. I still prefer 8.5 better and I thought it was much more intuitive. Just my 2 pennies worth.

#5606 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I went to X1 (Studio) when it came out and it took me a while to get comfortable with it. Using SonarPlus to get rid of the MultiDock really helped me. Some people like it, but to me it was a nuisance. The Scott Garrigus book has also made my life a bit easier.

Recently I opened 8.5 for the first time since upgrading and I was surprised by how cluttered it looked to me. Now that I’m used to X1 I’m happy with it. My own 2 cents.

#5646 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

>The Scott Garrigus book has also made my life a bit easier.<

Yes, doing some training helped me also. I spent some time recently going through the trainings at http://www.cakewalk.com/CakeTV/SONARU.aspx

Even more helpful were the webinars on youtube:

Some X1 Producer features I'm glad I learned more about are Track Templates, Screen Sets, AudioSnap and the Browser. It's funny, I got a big project with a client right afterward and the time I had recently put into studying X1 and Sound Forge really paid off!

#5648 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Michael, I will go through the videos.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Sonar – Cakewalk
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us