Tunesat and Edits

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat and Edits

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bradymusico
    Participant

Hi Everybody –

For those of you that have been using Tunesat to monitor your catalog usage, I’m curious if you have uploaded all of your alternate versions (DnB etc) as separate tracks…?

Thanks!

Ryan

#13090 Reply
    guscave

Tunesat can get pretty expensive if I added all the alternate edits. Right now I’m only monitoring 50 cues and it’s been worthwhile.

On my last BMI statement I found about 12 episodes in which one of my songs was not reported. I tried to get some feed back from BMI but didn’t get a response so I sent the information over to the library.

They called me and said they were going to contact their client to see if they messed up the cue sheets.

#13091 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

Tunesat can get pretty expensive if I added all the alternate edits.

Thanks, guscave. I agree, if I included edits, I would be far outside what I want to pay monthly for my catalog. I’m just curious what others are doing and if the fingerprint tech is good enough to distinguish any of the edits from the ‘full’ track, given they are so closely related.

#13093 Reply
    Wildman

I just monitor my main version and that is fine. There is no need to monitor alternative versions or edits because the technique is already pretty good these days.
    A lot of times tunesat detects already the edited/alterated song version of the cutter/editor.

#13097 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If I have a theme, a bed and a DnB I upload them all. They would be different fingerprints.

#13099 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

I have not, but I have considered stringing the main cue and all the edits into one long track and uploadng that.

#13100 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

I have not, but I have considered stringing the main cue and all the edits into one long track and uploadng that.

Now that’s an interesting idea…

#13101 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

If I have a theme, a bed and a DnB I upload them all. They would be different fingerprints.

Art have you noticed different detections from those separate mixes? Sounds like Wildman is saying he has had some luck with detection of edits from the full track…

#13102 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art have you noticed different detections from those separate mixes?

Yes I have.

#13113 Reply
    Luca
    Participant

Does Tunesat recognize audio on youtube videos? Because I’m running the free trial and it seems it doesn’t find anything even if I have lots of music out there on yt

#13115 Reply
    Wildman

I haven`t noticed any difference. I talked a lot to the European Tunesat guys and they have told me that unless the alternative versions or edits are not totally different Tunesat will detect my usages.
    If the alternative version is a remix with other elements I will of course upload both versions.
    So far tunesat detected even the versions of the TV editor which are often sliced different and undersocre/narration mixes.
    But I have to keep an eye on it.
    Gdomeiers way to solve the problem is good. I know that tunesat doesnt like that but they won`t argue too much. I have also done that with some tracks.
    I could not upload all my tracks with edits even if I would like to 🙂
    I already have a 500 track account and it`s nearly full. I just monitor 75% of my pro catalogue. With all the edits I would need a 2500+ account. But it would be interesting to see if it would really bring any effort.

#26070 Reply
    greystone
    Participant

Sorry to dig up this old zombie-thread – but this fits my question exactly… (thought it might be better to post my question here then opening a new thread…?)

I’m just now uploading some more cues into my (free) Tunsat account and I’m unsure how to deal with edits.

Has anybody actually tried what gdomeier suggested? I also had the idea of putting all edits into one track and uploading that.

Did anyone have success with this? Or how do you deal with alternate versions and edits?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Tunesat and Edits
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us