Writer/Publisher Share On Ratings Page

Home Forums Newbie Questions Writer/Publisher Share On Ratings Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I got a simple question.

In the library ratings page, each one has two categories about the writer/publlisher license fee split. What’s the PRO split based on 100%? Don’t think I understand that.

Thanks,
    Dave

#25633 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What’s the PRO split based on 100%? Don’t think I understand that.

You’ll have to phrase that question differently as I don’t understand that!

#25634 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Using MusicLoops library as an example, under “License Fee Split:” it is “50/50”. I understand that.

But the next block with the heading “PRO Split Based on 100%:” which is “100/0”, that I don’t understand. It’s got (writer/library and writer/library/publisher or writer) in parenthesis.

All this is new to me, so I don’t quite understand the different situations with a PRO share vs. a library share. I thought if you submit to a library, that library gets the Publisher share, and not the PRO. I mean, isn’t getting your music placed and licensed the purpose of the library?

#25635 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

But the next block with the heading “PRO Split Based on 100%:” which is “100/0”, that I don’t understand.

In that case, if the cue makes it to TV, and it was placed by Music Loop’s client and they filed a cue sheet, you would get 100% of the PRO royalty. The 50% writing income and the 50% publishing income. To make it more confusing some PROs look at the total income as 200%, 100% to the writer and 100% to the publisher. In any event you would receive all of the royalty income both writer and publishing share.

Hope that explanation helps.

#25636 Reply
    TerlinguaMusic
    Participant

it certainly helped me.

thanks.

#25637 Reply
    dpwaveheavy

Got it, thanks Art.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Writer/Publisher Share On Ratings Page
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us