Anyone know a place to get a timely pop r&b song in front artists?

Home Forums General Questions Anyone know a place to get a timely pop r&b song in front artists?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

This may be a bit off topic but I’ve worked with a lyricist who came up with a timely social media song. I would like to know if anyone knows of a site that artists managers might go to for new material? This would be something like Taxi or Broadjam for example, but that has direct access for songwriters to preview snippets of ideas to people who can make decisions.

Maybe a long shot but would be helpful right now

#27741 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Maybe here. They’re new.

#27748 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

You need a person that pitches songs. Question: Do you have a specific artist in mind?

#27750 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

I think this would be a good song for 1st album r&b artist. Like a new Usher or Justin Bieber. I guess a pitchperson would be good, although they’d want a cut and I’d bet that would be 1/2. I was hoping there was an underground or little known site that managers and a/r folks were known to visit. Thanks for the ideas and any more to come

#27751 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I know this for a fact. “Unless you have someone that is either a close relative in the business; or someone that is seasoned has/will take you underneath their wing to mentor you. You are going to have to give a lot of your percentages, and/or first songs away to get in!”

With “no Plug-in, you have zero bargaining power, or leverage!!” The market is more closed than ever before, and the Sharks that were feeding on larger prey like Tuna; are now circling after The Minnows!!

You want the song “placed” with someone that has a chance at seeing the light of day? Get ready to give a minimum of 1/2 of everything.

Also, anyone that you are hearing a “Buzz” about? Rule them out immediately. There is a fortress wall around them!

#27752 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Thanks for replying Beatslinger. I’m old and well aware of how things generally go. If need be I’d make a deal and, like anyone, always try for the best.

#27753 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Oh, well if you are not young.. If you believe in the song, Then simply hire “an Attorney that specializes in song placement/negotiations”. There are several, and that would get you a better deal in the long run! Are you a NARAS member? (National Academy Recording Arts and Sciences) or have a Chapter in your area?

#27754 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Thanks again…not a NARAS member but I’m in the SF Bay Area so likely a chapter here. The attorney angle jarred my memory regarding an old contact. I’ve been doing instrumental music for the last few years so other than recording singers ,I havent dealt with vocal music especially that which I’ve created, in a while. Good ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Anyone know a place to get a timely pop r&b song in front artists?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us