Being approached direct from a film maker

Home Forums Newbie Questions Being approached direct from a film maker

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Guitarman
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’m brand new here and signed up for 3 months. A friend of mine recommended it.
    I have a question about a documentary maker who has approached me direct , Well initially I contact them,as I like the shows. They air are all over the BBC and places like that and here in Australia too .

Well anyway, They are interested in my music, firstly I would have to equal the price of the library they currently use on an exclusive basis, I can do that as there is no middle man in this case.

Secondly, The transition must be easy and clearance for world wide use of my tracks in their shows must be crystal clear.

to round it up, I’m guessing a release form stating I release the master rights to them for use in their show(s) would be needed.

I’m not 100% sure how I would word this release form and how would I know that the tracks I have sent them are cleared for world wide use in their Shows.

The fact that they use a library exclusively and are still interested in obtaining my music is a plus!

I just need a little advice to help make it happen.

I do belong to several non-exclusive libraries and I obtain my music 100% .
    If I can get this happening I may make a little pocket money and create a relationship with a nice little UK film production company.

Thanks everyone! Hope you can shed some light

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Being approached direct from a film maker
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us