Classical Piano

Home Forums Newbie Questions Classical Piano

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abby

What a great source of knowledge this website has been! I’ve learned so much, and especially from the post on classical guitar, but I’ve yet to find anything on classical piano. I’m hoping to get input on the following:

In the world of production music, is there much of a market for classical piano (Bach, Chopin, etc.)?

I had been trying for quite some time to license my ‘original compositions’ (many different instruments) and it was only when I submitted some solo piano pieces by old composers that I received any interest. Apparently Bach writes better music than I do 🙂

I also would appreciate any feedback on the music and especially the production quality- is it ready to submit in your opinion? Also, would you say classical piano would fit better into an exclusive library vs. non-exclusive of RF?

http://abbymettry.com/track/836418/moszkowski-etude-no-6-presto?autostart=true

Thanks so much for the great forum and the opportunity to learn from everyone’s experiences!

Abby

#21928 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#21931 Reply
    gigdude
    Participant

I do think there are Libraries that license classical tunes and you sure play the heck out of that stuff. But I really like your Improvisation that’s on your Gigmasters page. Judging from that, you can write as well as play great piano. Just keep poking around here and out there and you will eventually find a place for the music I would hope. Once again, real nice piano playing !

#21943 Reply
    Abby

Thanks gigdude! I appreciate the feedback. I hadn’t thought about trying to license the improvisation I have on the Gigmasters page, I’m going to see about doing that. I had kind of given up on trying with my own music. Thanks so much for the feedback!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Classical Piano
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us