Concerns about the SGAE situation

Home Forums PROs Concerns about the SGAE situation

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grancan
    Participant

Hi there,

is there anybody here affiliated to the Spanish PRO SGAE? If so, what are your thoughts about the current situation? Any concerns about your royalties being affected?

Music publishers call on CISAC to suspend Spanish collecting society SGAE

I´ve been affiliated to the GEMA for the last couple of years, but since I moved to Spain I thought it´d be a good idea to switch to SGAE…now I don´t know what to do….

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

#31680 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

I’m not with SGAE myself, but I did have a couple of friends who had experience with them. It did’nt sound good to me, and based on the article you posted as well as some national press there, I personally wouldn’t want to be a member of SGAE..

#31685 Reply
    xev
    Participant

I am spanish and SGAE is a farce. When I started writing music for libraries I joined PRS because I just don’t trust SGAE (or anything official in Spain for that matter). After a lot of research I found there are no significant downsides to being spanish and joining a foreign PRO.

Still I am no expert so if anyone knows better I’m all ears-

#31928 Reply
    ilovemedia
    Participant

I’m with SGAE for a couple of years, and I regret not having joined PRS (although now with the possible Brexit I also have doubts). I’ve been around for a short time, but in general, I do not like it. I hope they make changes and be more transparent.

I recently notified an ad that I found in the United States and they have confirmed that ASCAP will pay for it and SGAE will send me the money at the end of the year. Let’s see if it’s true.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Concerns about the SGAE situation
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us