I’m in with some good libraries, gotten some placements, now what?

Home Forums Newbie Questions I’m in with some good libraries, gotten some placements, now what?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Mott

It has been kind of a wild ride for the four years I’ve been doing this now. I followed the advice of some other folks on the matter, and my personal opinion is,, if you are new to a library, there is no harm is sending them everything you have (if they are NE ) and letting them pick and choose what to keep and what not to keep.

But the question is, once in, they’ve picked what they want, do you continue to upload all future stuff t them – particularly if they are sending briefs for what they want and some of the stuff you’ve written doesn’t fit the mold? Do you avoid overwhelming them with tracks they may not need, or do you get really focused and only send them what they want?

I guess there are a few libraries that aren’t real specific “We take all minds of music, give us what you’ve got”….FOr me the jury is still out, as , just as I would have guessed, the libraries who are really specific and targeted about what they want, seem to have the better placement rates.

But I have also gotten placements , fewer though, from libraries who weren’t real clear. Since that time, four of those libraries send briefs, 2 don’t send any and I have a select few royalty free I am not shy about sending stuff to.

To recap the question, do you continue to “bulk upload” pretty much whatever you have to libraries who send briefs, or is this bad form/etiquette?

#25499 Reply
    TerlinguaMusic
    Participant

speaking as a total newbie, that seems like a good question…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: I’m in with some good libraries, gotten some placements, now what?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us