Is Tunesat working?

Home Forums General Questions Is Tunesat working?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

I think you’ve been trolled wilx2. It’s an old joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag_name

#18663 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Thanks Michael! I actually had picked up on that :), but for some reason decided to reply seriousy.

Ba ba booey.

#18682 Reply
    macaent
    Participant

I know I’m super late, but Tunesat got 2 detections for me but neither was actually my track.

#18683 Reply
    allinthesong

I’ve had trouble with them lately too

#18689 Reply
    chuckhughes2
    Participant

It’s working for me- I’m approaching 3,000 detections in 3 years. But it’s not working in the way Tunesat said it would work- namely, that Tunesat would compare their detections with my ASCAP statements and file exception reports on my behalf with ASCAP. We have all learned that ASCAP pays no attention to Tunesat reports. Because of Tunesat I was able to see that one of my songs was used in a national commercial this summer and file a report with ASCAP. That’s worth something.

#18690 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

But it’s not working in the way Tunesat said it would work- namely, that Tunesat would compare their detections with my ASCAP statements and file exception reports on my behalf with ASCAP.

That is a huge problem.

#18691 Reply
    Dave

There is always a lot of talk about Tunesat. I never joined or took advantage of the free 50 opportunity. I’m curious, do they help anyone collect more royalties from PROS? If So, can you give an example as to how you approached your PRO to collect more?

From my perspective, Tunesat simply gives people information on where there tracks are being used, but ultimately, aren’t the PRO’s still using cue sheet data to pay royalties? If this is the case, then what purpose does this technology serve to composers other than as an “informant”?

You all get information that your tracks are being used on this show or that show, but when BMI and ASCAP do not honor this TUNESAT data, what purpose does it serve?

Is the Tunesat data mirroring cue sheet data?

When people have tracks detected on national spots, are you also stating that you were never paid a sync fee? and your music just happens to be on a national spot without a license being purchased?

or Did the license occur through royalty free sites?

I look forward to everyone’s feedback.

#18745 Reply
    Veeagra
    Participant

Well I just got my first detection for about 4 weeks, this came straight after they’d performed maintenence on the site yesterday. I wonder if this had anything to do with it, who knows….but that’s why we’re here right? to speculate! 🙂

#18758 Reply
    guscave

I saw a big difference in detection since the last maintenance. There’s about 5 new tracks that are being detected regularly now that weren’t before.

#18765 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’m curious, do they help anyone collect more royalties from PROS? If So, can you give an example as to how you approached your PRO to collect more?

Yes, I’m catching shows where I’m not listed as composer or cue sheets have not been filed. Called BMI and they have been helpful (as well as the library) in correcting these errors.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Reply #18691 in Is Tunesat working?
Your information: