Mac specs for Omnisphere

Home Forums Software Mac specs for Omnisphere

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Participant

Looking around for some new softsynths at the moment and are considering Alchemy or Omnisphere or maybe both. Probably the last guy in here not owning Omnisphere already…
    But just how heavy is this beast actually on the machine. Will it run ok on a brand new Mac mini, i7 3Ghz, 16 GB ram?

#13981 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Should have no issues with that. Omnisphere can be a CPU brute as can Alchemy too.

#13983 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Thanks Denis.
    Any reason not to get them both?

#13984 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Kenny…if you don’t plan on using Alchemy’s sample manipulation features and just want to use preset sounds, you could use the Free Alchemy Player.

#13985 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Kenny…if you don’t plan on using Alchemy’s sample manipulation features and just want to use preset sounds, you could use the Free Alchemy Player.

+1 the player lets you do a lot of stuff apart from micro editing and sample import. TBH I could count on the fingers of one hand where I actually needed the full version as opposed to the player.

Omnisphere is a must have really , it still is the best all round synth out there for all genres. Get the free Alchemy player, you can always upgrade later if you feel it doesn’t give you enough control.

#13995 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Once more, thanks a lot! Seems like a great advice, and I just didn’t realize how useful the free Alchemy player is.
    Any sugestions on the aditional soundpacks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Mac specs for Omnisphere
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us