Placements and Money

Home Forums Cue Sheet Problems Placements and Money

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stacktrace
    Participant

Not sure if this is the appropriate subgroup for this post, so I apologize if that’s the case. I have been with (what I think you’d call) a “boutique” NE for about a year. My tracks were accepted into it via a “pay to play” company. In speaking with the library, they only accept composers via that company. I’m wondering if the library will notify me when my tracks are purchased. The library accepts all accounting and royalty statements and collects all royalties/fees/advances, and it’s a 50/50 sync deal. If I haven’t received any money from the library yet, is it safe to assume the tracks have not been placed, or should I check in with the library on that from time to time? The contract states that the library will submit statements to me “for each quarterly period for which royalties are payable to composer.” Does this mean if nothing is sold, I won’t receive a zero balance statement?

#21071 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

You probably wouldn’t receive a zero balance statement. A lot of this business is “set and forget”. Let that company do their thing and move on to your next opportunity. This company will pay when the time comes. Oh -some companies have a payout threshold, they don’t send a payment until they owe you over a certain amount.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Placements and Money
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us